1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Hey..What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by canynrochris, Feb 12, 2008.

1. canynrochris

canynrochris Member

So while I wait for the lazy admin staff over at PlexiPalace to approve my registration, I thought I'd come here to find the answer to my simple question:

I bought a 100W Marshall Super Trem off the 'Bay that was listed as a '73. Turns out it was a '70!! (I'll have pics of it posted soon). Around the same time, I aquired a '72 1960 slant cab with 4 Celestion 25W, 8ohm, G12-M speakers with 55hz Bass cones. Is there a mod that is required in order for me to run the head and cab as a half stack or is this already a match made in heaven?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jbrax

Jbrax Member

use the 8 ohm setting on your head and it should be good to go.

3. canynrochris

canynrochris Member

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a vintage amp newbie and I don't have the amp in front of me (at work): Is the 8 ohm selector on the rear of the head?

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

Yes, there should be a selector on the back of the head. By the way, don't run that cab at full volume or you'll blow the speakers.

5. canynrochris

canynrochris Member

Thank you for the warning!! That's the first thing I might have done!

There has been a quality Master Volume switch job performed in it's lifetime and I'll use it and push the speakers gradually until I get the sound I want. I'm very excited :roll but want to be cautious. As I tinker and take pics, I'll post more often and share what I learn. Thanks!