• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hey, I thought the economy sucked?

shark_bite

So why is it that I'm not seeing much of anything interesting popping up on CL or even really here on the Emporiums? And why is it that the vast majority of the stuff that I do see popping up for sale here is mostly being sold to finance bigger/better/louder/whatever gear?

Not that I'm really looking to pillage everyone's collection as soon as they fall on hard times, but it does seem odd. I was putting away some money to make some purchases this year in anticipation of killer deals all over, but things haven't seemed to change much. Just fewer people buying (that I can assure you of). Anyone else seeing/noticing this? The Emporiums are surprisingly stale considering how much everyone is freaking out and hunkering down.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
why is it that the vast majority of the stuff that I do see popping up for sale here is mostly being sold to finance bigger/better/louder/whatever gear?
Because posting that is better than admitting the true reason you're selling the gear is it sucks.

billm408

Unless I have to, there's no reason to sell anything in a depressed market. I'd rather keep the gear a lttle longer and wait for the market to regain some balance. FWIW... I've seen some decent desperation sales. I know a guy who just bought an original Fish preamp off CL for less than $1500.

I haven't listed stuff because I imagine it's not a good time to sell, as in, I'm not hurting financially, but I don't want to sell for less than I could if I wait a bit.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Far more trading, or at least willing to hear out trade offers.

Trending Topics