1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Joe

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Priestunes, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Okay.... I'll play too!
    Here's a tired ol' number with absolutely nothing redeeming in its translation... and yet... I likes it!
    Hey Joe
    :hiP

2. will132

will132 Member

Nice! Great mix, how did you record that?

Jim

3. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Hey, thanks for listening! The drummer, bassist, and I--we sat in the same room, but my guitar amps were in the other half of the basement, somewhat isolated. The bassist ran direct out of a Sans Amp, and we used one overhead, Neumann TLM 103, one Shure SM81 on the hi-hat, and a regular Shure condenser on the kick (probably a SM58). We all wore headphones and I ran everything into Digital Performer. It was a small room, good for non-verbal cues and whatnot. I laid down extra guitars later and then the vocals. We did an entire session this way. This was the summer of 2004--a good time had by all.

4. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Incidentally... the drummer lived in Hawaii right before recording this stuff. He's since moved to a warmer region--somewhere in Texas, I think.