1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Hey! Just grabbed an AD9...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Esquirej, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Esquirej

Esquirej Member

Ok...I've been surfing pretty much constantly for a good deal on one of the more popular analog delays. Been using a Danecho for a while and it's nice, but noisy...and it's been doing this weird dying out thing from time to time. Fades out and then after about 10 seconds starts to come back. Took me a while to identify which part of my chain was causing this issue, but I finally isolated it down to the Dano.

Anyways...grabbed the Ibanez pedal just a couple minutes ago on ebay for under $90! Will I be happy?!? I think so!

So, now my pedal board will be: Fender Pedal Tuner > AD9 > Sparkle Drive > Duncan Pickup Booster. I think I'm where I want to be. :AOK

Oh...wait, I'll be adding a Budda Wah in a week or so. Almost forgot. :)

J

2. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Supporting Member

Good on you. Should be a telling difference over the Danecho.

3. mustangman

mustangman Member

I used a AD-9 for about year, its a great pedal! You'll be very happy! I just needed something a little better, so i got an Echoplex! :D

4. AL30

AL30 Member

I haven't talked to too many players that didn't have their DanEcho go down. Myself included. Too bad I really like that pedal.

I just had an AD9 in for repair - sort of - needed a battery :rotflmao

That was the first time I ever played one. Great sounding pedal - very full. I tried to talk my friend into selling it to me. He has no tech skills but he's got good ears. It's back on his board.

AL

5. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

And Keeley can mod it down the line if you decide you like the smell of cork.

6. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

Gas-man can you elaborate on this comment? haha

7. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

I've always wanted an AD-9. I tried one out for a bit and really dug it's subtle nature.

8. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I'e got two AD9s. An 80's model and a newer one. They're both very useable fx, but the 80s version sounds a little fuller.

9. Mixoso

Mixoso Silver Supporting Member

I love my AD-9...take the back off and there are 2 mini pots you can fool with if you like. One adds delay time...I nudged that up to make it work for one song in the set that needed a bit more spaciness. I dont recall what the other one does...

10. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Have you tried your signal path as Tuner->SD Pickup Booster-> Sparkle Drive-> AD-9 ?

Just curious... I like delays at the end of the chain, as overdrives have trouble reproducing delay and time-based effects. Plus, I don't know much about the Pickup booster, but if it's really trying to lighten the load on your pickups, it's probably supposed to be as close to them in the chain as possible...

11. Esquirej

Esquirej Member

Thanks for posting both here and on my other post about the pedal chain. I actually tried the delay after the drive pedal and it significantly deadened the snap of my Tele. I can't explain it...maybe because I do the slapback country twang thing...it just worked better in front of it.

As for the SD booster, I use it strictly as a clean boost on solo's and stuck it at the end of the chain. I may try moving it to the front to see what goes.

Thanks!!
    J