hey Scott (PEDALSNAKE QUESTION)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by noodle_world, Apr 22, 2005.

1. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

Scott,

i see that u use the pedalsnake for your xtlive

i was wondering how you liked it and which plugs u use.

thanks,

noodle

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I do really like it.

I use the standard G2 pedalsnake; I have a 2125A, 2521A on the ends of a 2231G2 Standard Model.

The 2125A converts the 2.1mm G2 power line to the XTL. The 2521A converts the 2.1mm power line on the G2 to the Line 6 power supply. Done!

3. ned911

ned911 Member

Noodle-

I shot a video (note: this is not professional by any means) on the PedalSnake. It's a very cool device and makes setup much easier.

PedalSnake Video Link

4. JBPlanck

JBPlanck Member

ned911,

Great video! Thank You so much I finally see the potential of the pedalsnake.

5. ned911

ned911 Member

Plank,

Your welcome. While writing the review I really struggled on how to convey the benefits in words when the video idea came to mind.

Ned

6. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

great video man, very informative :dude

7. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

Thanks for the video. I see a pedalsnake in my future!

Jim

8. Bear

Bear Member

NOTE: I can't see any of the links or pics others have contributed on these posts, so the following is rather "wordy" (just a warning!)....and, it's my first post.

I tried replying to the "PedalSnake question", but had to register first. I JUST stumbled across it while looking for "pigtails" for my PedalSnake! Now that I've takien the time to register, I've forgotton what the question was or what I was going to say! SO...I'll just say a few things about MY PedalSnake.
    First....if you are not a real "techie-type person", I would just say that getting the off-the-shelf PedalSnake is a good idea. No matter which one you choose (as long as you've looked at the pics), you can't go wrong....the thing is what I've been tryng to put together for YEARS. Only, mine has always been constructed with duct or electrical tape. It worked...but, it was an "eye-sore"...although many fellow musicians thought it was a GREAT idea.

When I discovered the PedalSnake, I couldn't believe that SOMEONE had FINALLY made *MY* dream a reality. But....I've always "thought-outside-the-box"....which really helped 'cause I'm not and don't think I'll ever BE *rich*. So, I always had to *improvise* and came up with MANY great ideas BEFORE the big-name bands ever did.
    So....if you are one of THOSE people, and have a few $$ to spare, have "Jody" whip up a *CUSTOM-MADE* PedalSnake for you like I did. It took me awhile to get the $$, but, it was worth it!. I have the ability to expand to about 16 channels (depending on HOW I use it). Being a vocalist, too....I decided that I wanted an XLR end for my mic so I can just use a short cable from the PedalSnake end up to the mic on the boom-stand (that was one more cable out of my way!) If you use the "PedalPad" for your "toys", you have the ability to put 3 19" rack-mountable effect units in the thing, too. You can use these for vocal or guitar effects...It don't matter. What DOES "matter"....is that I run *STEREO* and this gives me the ability to run 1 line to my amp and 2 lines (left & right) to the mixer. What's the use of having STEREO PEDALS....if you don't run them in STEREO?? I run a stereo "wash" (ALL instruments come though them and, they are pointed *back at the band*)...which gives us the sound of the "frontage" right on stage. You really play MUCH better when you sound great *ON-STAGE*! SO, being able to run your STEREO pedals BACK to the mixer *through the same cable*...ELIMINATES the use of *2 more cables*.
    ALSO...I like to "trick-out" my "PedalPad" using various lights (besides looking kewl, you can SEE your effects SETTINGS much better!) and, you can run a SEPARATE power supply BACK-*UP* the PedalSnake to power these lights and keep it SEPARATE from your 9 or 18 volt units.
    FINALLY....I also use a "MIDI" controller to change vocal effects and found that I can run my MIDI controller (floor model) right down the same cable. After I got a couple of pedals that have MIDI also, it was only a matter of minutes before I had them all hooked together.....STILL USING ***ONE*** cable....the "PedalSnake"!
    ORDERING...is the "hassle". If you aren't familiar with the "electro-speak" terminology that Jody (and the site) tosses at you, you'll probably feel **overwhelmed** to say the least. He said that they are "working on simplifying it". GREAT! That's what they NEED to do (besides getting better/more "payment methods"). PERSONALLY....I would like to see **MORE** kinds of "pigtails"...and, at more stores!
    BOTTOM LINE: I've NEVER once had a regret about buying the "PedalSnake"!!! And, if you've "kept it simple" due to "too many cables"....that excuse is "out-da-window"....'cause the "PedalSnake" fixes ALL that!! The **ONLY** concern is that they'll go out of business BEFORE they "GET KNOWN". That's why I'm looking for "pigtails" right now. I want to get a few for the "extra" lines that I have at the moment....for "spares" and, to be able to "alter" a few (*IF* I have to) to some "future need" that I haven't invented/discovered yet.

I know this is pretty "wordy" ....but, I *PERSONALLY* would rather have too much info as opposed to....too little. Hope this helps *SOMEONE*.

Cheers...

Bear

9. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

There is also a handy little video on the Pedalsnake website. I bought one and it is very cool :)

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

FWIW, this is an old thread.

I now use a "stock" model custom Pedalsnake with my big pedalboard; it has 4 "G" lines (audio) and 2 "P" lines (power).

I don't use all the audio, but I do use both the power lines. Fantastic product and worth every penny. IMHO.

11. ned911

ned911 Member

I'm using a twin G line from FX loop to loop 4 on the GRX4, single G line from Out A on the GRX4 to amp input, 1 p line to power the pedal board and a midi connection from the GRX4 to CFX4.

12. bchamorro

bchamorro Member

I have an FX loop problem.

I have all my cables powered by a Pedalpower II, and I have them all patched with patch cables. I run 3 pedals straight to the amp and 3 pedals to the fx loop send return. I have all of them mounted on a pedal board. My problem is that im sick of having to use two instrument cables for the send/return fx loop. They take up a lot of space and they are all over my room. How can I fix this with the pedal snake. I already have power and everything patched.

13. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

hey

thats a great video i would say it explains better a day to day use of the pedalsnake better than the video (i watched them back to back). ITs very practical so big thumbs ups. I need the money now!

thanks

Aj

14. ned911

ned911 Member

If you only need to run the audio from each group of 3 pedals you can do it 2 ways with the pedalsnake. Using the single "g-lines" you can use 3 of the 4 cables bound into the snake or you can use 2 double "g-lines" and still have 2 cables left over.

15. fle

fle Member

Thinking about running a pedalsnake in thru a grommet on the side of a Pumaboard Classic in order to keep things clean. Scott, I see you use a different method, but what do you think? And just what is the diameter of the snake?

Thanks