Hey Scott Peterson, How's the Musicom Labs FX Switcher Treating You

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh O, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

Are you still loving it? Any downsides to it that you've seen at all?

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Loving it. There is no downside, except the price tag. But it is MORE than worth it for me because it does exactly what I have wanted for a LONG time... and in the end, that's the true test of "value".

It is an utterly pro level piece of gear, built right and delivers the goods. I have absolutely zero buyer's remorse over it; and this during a time of VERY tight finances for me.

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

What does it do that you have wanted to be able to do for a long time?
    Is there some unique features in it?

4. JoeP

JoeP Member

Where can you check out these, and prices on the web? Looks like a great piece of gear....

5. Scott Peterson

6. Josh O

Josh O Member

Hey Scott,

Do you notice if it had any effect on your tone? Is it fair to say that the buffering in this unit rivals the Axess BS2?

7. Scott Peterson

I can't compare the BS2 to the EFX; it has been years since I owned the Axess.

I can say I am completely satisfied with the buffers in the EFX.

8. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

I know this thread is old, but Scott, can you change amp channels with the Musicom too, and incorporate different amp channels into a saved preset? That's what I REALLY need, along with the effects presets. Thanks...

9. Scott Peterson

Yes it has a latching out put, or you could get a CFX from Mario at Axcess and do it via Midi.

FWIW, I let the Musicom go and have gone a different direction... my massive pedalboard is lonely and mostly empty now. :(

10. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

What I'm really interested in is incorporating channel changes from an Egnater MOD50 into stored presets. But given that the MOD50 has two different modules, each with two channels, it may be a bit much for the EFX Router to handle. Thoughts?

11. Scott Peterson

Axess Electronics CFX-4? That'll do it most likely. http://www.axess-electronics.com/

12. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

Would that need to be in conjunction with the EFX, or can it be used that way alone? Thanks!

13. Plowdoggy

Plowdoggy Member

Hey Scott: I noticed with some interest that you said you have gone another direction with your pedal board. That was such a nice job. One of the best. Why did you change? I know this is an old thread, but I am looking into getting a Musicom Labs EFX switcher and I saw that you got rid of yours after touting it. Sup?Thanks