Hey tall guys (over 6"), what are you playing?

Voggchamp

6'1'', and still in high school.. so i've got some more growing...

I play smaller guitars (usually)...

Gibson Les Paul, 339, SG, and 137, which is big, but I'm trying to sell...

I've got a harmony H-75 which is a smaller 335 basically too. I've never had an issue with guitar/size ratios
I know this dude is 10 years past high school now but either this is a straight up lie or it’s joe Bonamassa

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
6'2"

Les Pauls, SGs, Strat types, PRS, Tele.

I have had a few 335s over the years, they are sized better for me, but I just don't feel comfortable playing them. They feel "flimsy", feedback too easily, don't "hang" right on a strap for me.

I've had two Historic 335s, both were really nice guitars. The 58 ES335 was beautiful, big neck too. The 64 was nice, looked like Clapton's.

I'd love to have a Blonde Flametop 335, or a 355 though

I never owned an Explorer, I'm just not cool enough to pull that off..

Jayyounger

I’m 6'4 and play 335 and Dreadnough. I love to play strat at home but I think too much about how weird it looks to do it in front of people

Pick53766

6'5"
Not concerned with it much. Strat is the primary, looks normal I think. Eyeing a Jazmmaster, that would probably look better but that's not the point.
Would like to get an explorer eventually but Gibby only makes them lefty in plain woodplank colour which I do not fancy.

KFBR392

Silver Supporting Member
I’m 6’5” and 155. Every guitar looks big on me even though I’m tall. I play Strats mostly.

Also, men generally lie about their height, so I don’t believe most of these posts. We have some Napoleons in here.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
6'3" and heavy. I play mostly Strats and PRS. I have a couple of Rickenbackers that I think look like normal-sized guitars on me. My ES-137 looks about right, too.

Strummerfan

6'4", my go to is a Strat, but I have a 335 style and an archtop as well. I guess some guitars look small on me, but I've never given it much thought. You be the judge, first with a Strat, second with a Godin LGX.
IMG_20220317_185320~7.jpg
figthing the ill 002~3.jpg

peskypesky

6'2" so I avoid Fender Mustangs. lol
My main guitar are Strats.

Thurston Moore is 6'6" and Jazzmasters look small on him:
Thurston_Moore%27s_Chelsea_Light_Moving_Fun_Fun_Fun_Fest_2013-0052_%2813679785834%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom