Heyyyy everybody....where is Curtis Kent?

TheRealDeal

i miss his demos and he hasn't put any new ones out in almost 6 months... I think the last I heard is he was moving or had moved but any news on the guy?

NHBluesMan

He moved and started a new job. I think I saw somewhere that he was working on a new demo, but can't say for sure

Not intending to be a downer, but I've never found his demos useful at all. I just don't get much from 10 straight minutes of strumming a barre chord. As a result I had zero idea he was missing in action.

tubekingsley

Not intending to be a downer, but I've never found his demos useful at all. I just don't get much from 10 straight minutes of strumming a barre chord. As a result I had zero idea he was missing in action.
Well, it's difficult to assess a pedal, without any single note riffage. But, his demos are good in coordination with other folks demos of the same pedal.

s360guitarist

Silver Supporting Member
^I am the opposite. The thing I like about his demo's is that he let's the pedal breathe...you hear what effect the pedal is having on the overall tone. As stated above, it is nice to hear his demo AND another demo where a guy is playing riffs.

Since I am not a "lead" player or a "solo" guy, his demos are perfect for me...a blues riff played at speed metal rates just does not work. YMMV.

jsytsma

Yep, Curtis moved and has been working on getting his demo space setup, as well as starting a new job. I know Curtis and he's a great dude. He recently got a Tonal Recall to demo, so I'm hoping to hear that from him soon.

I prefer a mixture of lead and rhythm n my demos so not all of his demos work for me, but I have one minor complaint: however he's EQing his Milkman Creamer, I just can't get behind his clean tone with that amp. It just doesn't sound good to me. I listened to some other demos of that amp and it seems solid, but I just don't find it an overly neutral pedal platform maybe.

Trending Topics