Hi from Denver!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GuitarX, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GuitarX

GuitarX Member

Hi everybody, I've been meaning to be a contributing member on this page for a long time and I've just never found the gumption to do it.

My name is Gary and some of you may know me as the owner of GuitarX, a store in Denver. Some unsavory types might tell you that we're out of business but we're still very much alive and doing GREAT! We've been very active on the internet and have been adding new lines and have one of the best effects collections in the country, definitely the best in Colorado.

I'm very proud of where GuitarX is right now and it's only getting better! I don't want to make this sound like an advertisement and get in trouble so I'll just say that if anyone has questions on the brands we carry and want me to answer them, just ask. Whether you buy from me or not, I love high-quality gear and I want to spread the word. I'm always available.

I of course love to play guitar and have a collection that has grown too large, just like most of you I'm sure. From Warriors to MJ to Bolin and G&L, Ibanez, Jackson, you name it, I've got too many! A lot of them are closet babies that I often think I should sell (out of guilt), but then you open up that case and say "I can't sell that one!" My collection seems to go against the grain of many. I tend to go for the crazier guitars! Something must have happened to me in my childhood and corrupted me, because if you saw my collection you would see nary a "normal" guitar in there!

I've recently gotten into vintage lap steels and I already have too many of those as well. Fortunately they're less expensive than guitars! GAS is a wonderful thing....

Anyway, I want to thank all the Gear Page members who have been customers of ours in the past (and the present). It's such a pleasure to work with people who understand why the more "unknown" brands are often the best and are worth the money, and who usually know more about them than I do!

If you need anything, just let me know you found me on the Gear Page and I'll give you an extra discount! ;)

I look forward to meeting and talking to you all.

NOTE: If I'm breaking any rules please let me know and I'll never do it again!:worried

Take care,
    Gary

2. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Welcome Gary to The Gear Page!

3. GuitarX

GuitarX Member

Thanks, I appreciate the welcome!

4. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hello Gary,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

5. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Gary!

6. dave_fisher

dave_fisher Silver Supporting Member

Gary's a great guy - miss the store front as you had great gear! Glad things are going well for you on the net!

7. gururyan

gururyan Member

Hi Gary, doubt you remember me but I've been a repeat customer of yours. Welcome!

8. Uniphasian

Uniphasian Member

Welcome Gary.

I'm the phone call you got last Saturday asking where your shop was...

9. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

welcome gary! i have a fargen blackbird combo that came from guitarX.

10. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Land of Enchantment/Entrapment. Depending on view
    Welcome Gary and Guitar X....Been to your store..A great place to guitar/fx/amp shop out here in the West....

11. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Gary,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

12. GuitarX

GuitarX Member

Man, thank you all so much for all the nice notes. I've got tears in my eyes over here!!:drool (That smiley guy shows I'm drooling but it was the closest thing I could find....;) )

Honestly, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind welcome. And A BIG HELLO to all the names I recognize! That's so cool!

How's that Blackbird 30 by the way? I love that amp! I'm bummed out that Ben is selling direct now. Oh well, maybe dealers were too much a pain in the hindparts (imagine that!).

Gary

13. jyee

jyee Member

Gary,

Great to hear you're still in business! I live right around the corner from the old shop... was sad to see it close, but happy to know guitarX lives on.

14. theHoss

theHoss Member

Gary,

Justin Here!

It is great that you finally joined up. Welcome! You will surely add to the great TGP community.

When it comes to dealers, Gary is as good as they get. I have bought many things from him and his customer service and gear knowledge is top notch.

It is also great to see GuitarX is still doing well. I do miss the store. You could always run into cool cats there.

15. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Hello, and welcome to TGP.

16. GuitarX

GuitarX Member

jyee, it was a hard decision to close the storefront believe me. It was my life 24/7, for years. I'm still working with local folks on a near-daily basis though so I still see a lot of friends from the store. It was a good decision for me personally. I actually see my wife and child (er...okay, dog) again, I am totally de-stressed and feel like myself again, and most of our brands stuck by us (thank you to all of them). The few brands we lost are no loss. Most of them were headaches to deal with anyway. We've even been picking up some new killer stuff. If you EVER want to try something that you can't find in other stores out here, please just give me a shout. You're always welcome to, and I'm as low-pressure as they get. Whether you buy or not, it's absolutely no big deal. It's always educational for me when someone comes over for a pedal shoot-out, or to compare amps, etc. It's amazing how different gear can sound when using different guitars, amps, cabs, etc. That's why I hate to answer "...what's the best...?" questions. There's NO right answer, and never will be.

Justin! - WASSUP?!?!?!?!?! Thanks for the kind words bro.

G

17. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Land of Enchantment/Entrapment. Depending on view
    Hi Gary...It's Rod again..I had a music store back in Portsmouth NH for 27 years called The Guitar Warehouse...Closed the retail end of it down in 2002....Ebayed the rest...Best move I ever made..glad the net thing is going well for you....best of luck...Rod

18. juh_sepp

juh_sepp Member

Gary!

Great to see you on TGP. Miss your storefront, really appreciated the low key, no pressure atmosphere there.
    Very pleased you are here. We can use some of your insights and experience.

Joe

19. GuitarX

GuitarX Member

20. tonehead

tonehead Member

Hey Gary, welcome. I am a fairly new member myself. Glad to hear you are doing well in your endeavors. It's all about the sound.