Hi from Paris, France

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DenisVan, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM.

1. DenisVan

DenisVan Member

Hi everybody,
    Registered some time ago, but never took time to introduce myself ;-)
    I play blues/rock & country'delic, pluging single coils in Matchless and Fuchs amps
    I found many useful informations on TGP, thanks to you all.
    A nice place to be ;-)

2. treborillusion

treborillusion Member

Hi from London, nice to see you online, I hope you're a regular here since you're from Paris and I'm from London, haven't been to Paris (yet) and the city looks appealing to me.

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

4. teleman1

teleman1 Member

Welcome! I was in Paris this January and was so happy, impressed and a little stunned house NICE Parisians were. In 2005 sometimes the rudeness was overwhelming. I went to a cool guitar store with mostly new Gibson and Fender equipment. It was interesting a row of stores from the same company. Withh their own address. One was pro equip, one was guitars, another drums. I bet you know it?

5. teleman1

teleman1 Member

I was just going to chastise you for not ever going to Paris, so close. But then, I grew up 10 minutes from Universal Studios and have never been there. Reverse Touche!

DenisVan likes this.
  6. paulg

paulg Supporting Member

I was stunned at how good the food was!

This was funny in retrospect: we got a cab from the airport. The driver was Mr. talkative. I was just off a eleven hour flight and not 100%. He was ,with limited English, trying to explain the upcoming presdential election. He says “we have crazy here!”. I respond “we know crazy” ,refering to our usa political situation. We go back and forth in a very confusing conversation. Later i realize, “we know” in English is “yes no” (oui non)) in French. Poor guy, he was trying so hard.

DenisVan likes this.