hi from Scotland and the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sdenny, Apr 19, 2008.

1. sdenny

sdenny Member

hi ,

This a great site !!, im into guitars, valve amps and blues music , Favourites are my very good friend and nashvilles queen of the blues , Miranda Louise ( new CD out this week " Sure Cure for the Blues " ) and the fantastic Southern guitarists , Warren Haynes, Jackie Pearson, Jimmy Thackery , Tinsley Ellis, Stan Hedges , Michael Holloway .

Ive got many , many guitars , the wife is fed up with them , never mind my amps. Main guitars are Les Pauls .and Teles , I use the superb UK hand made Bare Knuckle pickups , really excellent . Ive retroed them on most of my collection now .

Amps are Marshall , Fender although im thinking of buying a ceria tone overdrive special ( Dumble Clone ) . Anyone used one , Are they as good as they sound on youtube ?

Also on the lookout for a nice 335 . Im going over to Nashville soon for a wee holiday ( not much of a holiday for the wife getting dragged round guitar stores and blues joints Ha Ha !! ) and to see my southern friends too

Kind Regards from Bonnie Scotland ,

Stewart

2. miketv

miketv Member

Welcome aboard pal, there's a few of us Scots around, i'm just outside Edinburgh.
    Good to have you here.

3. rosscoep

rosscoep Member

Welcome. I was born in Greenock.

4. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Greetings Stewart,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

5. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Stewart!

6. sdenny

sdenny Member

Hi There , yes I know Ardincaple well . Although I live outside Glasgow at Cumbernauld all my family originate from Helensburgh next to Rhu and Ardincaple, My grandmother Jean Wright ran the WRVS during and after WW2 and my grandfather Willie Wright was the local builder in Helensburgh and round the lochside in Rhu and Ardincaple , Garelochead . I also ran a local quarry and readymixed concrete plant down there for a number of years. Small world Eh ?

Regards

Stewart

7. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Welcome Stewart!

I visit Edinburgh once, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to! :D

8. sdenny

sdenny Member

Hi ,

Yes Edinburgh is one of Europes most beautiful cities , dominated by Edinburgh Castle . Many Americans visit Edinburgh . The new " Scottish Records Office " in Princes Street is now very popular for Scottish decendants who can search their ancestors birth , marriage and death records to trace their family trees.

Kind Regards

Stewart:)

9. trisonic

trisonic Member

Good Lord! Your Grandmother had the same name as my late Mother - who was based at Stirling Castle during WWII in the ATS (Signals). I was born in Highbury - I wonder if we are related?:AOK

Welcome to the board.
    Best, Pete.

10. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

Welcome aboard. I've never been to Scotland but does drinking lots of scotch count for anything :)

11. sdenny

sdenny Member

Yes , It does , always look for a single malt whisky, they are all different , you must try them all . My favourites are Glenfiddoch or a Glenmorangie.

And remember a true Scotsman wears nothing under his kilt !!!

12. sdenny

sdenny Member

Ha Ha !! , Yes but get it right in Braveheart the Scots "moon " the English !

I was wearing a kilt at a wedding once and the wind blew my kilt right up . To my extreme embarresment I heard a female guest snigger " The last time I seen something like that , it was on the end of a hook !! " It was in the winter I must add .

13. sdenny

sdenny Member

Pete , Trisonic .

What was your mums full married name ?

Regards

Stewart