Hi from the Bay State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by drive-south, Mar 17, 2008.

1. drive-south

drive-south Guest

I'm from Worcester MA. I play guitars, mando, banjo, dobro and have lots' of toyz.

After several years of procrastination, I finally bought a decent digital recorder (Tascam DP01FX/CD). I have 2 AKG C3000s and 2 AKG C1000S condensors in addition to several Shure SM58,SM57,beta 58's and a Shure 55. I also own 2 Mackie mixers (1604 for the studio and 1402 for travel).
    I could go on about gear. Right now I plan to add a Alesis drum machine and a decent set of recording monitors to my studio. Any advice, especially on finding a good set of *passive* monitors would be greatly appreciated.

My friends call me Mark, but you'all can call me drive-south.

My goal is to be able to record practice sessions and multi-track our original tunes and a few covers for a demo disk. So far I've managed to record a few practices and created a stereo master which I burned to the CD burner for my band-mates. Everyone is very impressed and exited about recording our music. At some point in time, we will probably want to rent some studio time in a real studio but right now we need to do a lot of experimentation so we all understand the recording process before we waste money on studio time. I think I'm the only one with any sort of technical no-how and any appreciation of the recording process.

drive-south

2. theHoss

theHoss Member

Looks like admins will have to add some new sections for all your musical tastes.

Glad to have you aboard!

3. Dave C

Dave C Gold Supporting Member

Greetings Mark drive-south ...."goin' on" about gear is what this place is all about....welcome to TGP.

4. Komet

Komet Member

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi drive-south,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Welcome to The Gear Page!

7. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Mark!