• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

High & Dry released on this day in 1981.

filtersweep

It is an incredible album. I felt like Pyromania tried to copy the same template— with even more slickness. High n Dry is simply solid.

A few years ago, I was in a fancy restaurant in southern India— they played the whole album strat to finish— WTF?!?

NorCal_Val

When they played at Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento, so many people came to school the next day wearing the Def Leppard concert-Ts. Blackfoot(I believe was the headliner) got shut out. :roll

djp141

A couple of days ago, I was flipping through the SiriusXM radio, and came in halfway through "High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night)". Instead of Pete Willis' tasty Angus-inspired solo, I got some wanky Phil Collen pseudo-shred. Live version, apparently. Totally killed the moment.

Shame, because I think Phil knocked it out of the park on Pyromania. Really digs in on those solos.

Anyways, back to the OP. Yes, "High 'n' Dry" is a great album.

S3bird

I was 13 when Hysteria came out and was a huge fan. Got into their back catalog and it just got better. H&D is my favorite of theirs closely followed by Pyromania. Unfortunately they lost me after what had brought me in, Hysteria. Glad they're still around though

Trending Topics

Top Bottom