High pitch sound.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Standard 64, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

No matter what amp I play throgh I can hear a high frequency(maybe wavering) that cant be dialed out with tone controls that I know of.The amp is about 8 feet away and pointed right at me.Am I catching the higher frequencies coming out of the speaker straight at me and I need a beam blocker or could it be the pickups or something else?Thanks.

2. kidmandude

kidmandude Supporting Member

Yeah try another guitar it might be your guitar? What are you using?

3. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

Les paul with rs kit and wolfetone marshallhead pickups

4. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

That's a quiet guitar to start with, so it should be easy to trouble shoot. A 4" paper/cardboard dot taped to the back of the grill, over the center point of the speaker should be a quick & easy wasy to fond out.

5. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

It happens on all guitars.I put a couple of layers of clear tape in front of the center point of the v30 speaker only on the outside grill.Its a avatar 2x12 with one g12h30 and one v30.Still their.It might be the nature of the celestion vintage 30 maybe?Should I do both speakers.Does it have to be cardboard on the inside of the grill?