• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

High Speed Leslie sound in a small box?

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
I read a number of threads on Leslie pedals, and Chorus pedals, but the tangents run a muck.

I am looking for a sound like the solo on Good Times Bad Times on Led Zep I. He ran his guitar through a Leslie set at high speed.

A lot of the Leslie pedals are fairly large, and I don't need lots of options. Most Chorus pedals sound pretty metallic, and very 80's, not near the warm tone of the Leslie or rotary speaker I hear. I am open to a chorus pedal and think they do the rotary sound at high speed better than low, but looking to see if anyone here has covered the song live and has experience with something pedal board friendly.

whackystrings

Re: Lex vs. Vent
The Mobius contains the Lex albeit with a few less parameters and I used it frequently with the high speed setting at gigs. It certainly is no slouch.
But I went for the Mini Vent because of precious pedalboard space for a secondary board. For my ears, there are a handful of effects that cover the high-speed effect OK, but the Vent really separates itself from the competition on the slow settings. Love it.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
yeah so far the vent sounds great. i think you're right it's easier to hit the high speed setting.

I'm also curious if any Warped Vinyl users can get Leslie sound? Then I could use Midi to bring up a number of presets. I may try and get a decent leslie out of my WT mkii with the 2 stage. If I could set the tempo on that and the Gravitas at the same time I'm sure I could fake a nice leslie and not need another pedal.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
yeah so far the vent sounds great. i think you're right it's easier to hit the high speed setting.

I'm also curious if any Warped Vinyl users can get Leslie sound? Then I could use Midi to bring up a number of presets. I may try and get a decent leslie out of my WT mkii with the 2 stage. If I could set the tempo on that and the Gravitas at the same time I'm sure I could fake a nice leslie and not need another pedal.
WV MKII can definitely get a Leslie tone. I actually e-mailed Joel after I got mine and told him he should advertise it that way too as I got stuck on that setting for a couple days. Just have to shift the waveform to the left and kick up the depth a little and it's pretty damn convincing.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
yeah was was wondering about the WV. if you have your settings to share that would be great. getting that form factor and midi makes it a convincing solution.

Ruiner

WV MKII can definitely get a Leslie tone. I actually e-mailed Joel after I got mine and told him he should advertise it that way too as I got stuck on that setting for a couple days. Just have to shift the waveform to the left and kick up the depth a little and it's pretty damn convincing.
What are the settings for this. Would love to try it on mine...

erksin

I read a number of threads on Leslie pedals, and Chorus pedals, but the tangents run a muck.

I am looking for a sound like the solo on Good Times Bad Times on Led Zep I. He ran his guitar through a Leslie set at high speed.

A lot of the Leslie pedals are fairly large, and I don't need lots of options. Most Chorus pedals sound pretty metallic, and very 80's, not near the warm tone of the Leslie or rotary speaker I hear. I am open to a chorus pedal and think they do the rotary sound at high speed better than low, but looking to see if anyone here has covered the song live and has experience with something pedal board friendly.
You'll be wanting an Arion SCH-1. Nails that sound, IMO.

erksin

FWIW - I had a Mini Vent. Loved the functionality, but it sounded terrible when boosted. It clipped in a nasty way that just killed it for me. The SCH-1 doesn't suffer from that at all.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
FWIW - I had a Mini Vent. Loved the functionality, but it sounded terrible when boosted. It clipped in a nasty way that just killed it for me. The SCH-1 doesn't suffer from that at all.
this is very important. most leslie and especially chorus demo's are done with a clean sound, but I will be using it with one to two dirt pedals into it for solos. thanks for the post

of course 5 sec after I make this thread I find the Leslie G pedal
I have the Leslie G and very much enjoy it. I tried several others including the Mini Vent and the Lex. I really did not care for the Lex at all. I felt it was cold and sucked tone (when on). I thought the Mini Vent was better than the Lex in it's sound and quality of effect. However it's lack of tweakability for that price was a non-starter for me. I ordered the Leslie G blind and LOVE it. It sounds great. Does not destroy my source tone. And the options on it are fantastic. Only reasonable complaint I have is the price. But then again none of them are cheap.

Oh, and the Leslie G looks very cool and has top jacks!

Trending Topics