• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Higher Wattage 10" Jensens?

caspa

Does something similar to the Jensen C10R/C10Q exist at a higher wattage with the same voice?

I'm looking to add some more sparkle and less mids to my Supro Titan, which is hard to do with the stock hemp speaker.

The jensens sound exactly like what I'm looking for, but I need at least 50w to match the titan

BlueRiff

Yes - a similar sonic footprint to the Jensons can be found in the Eminence Legend 1058s (75 watts). Seamed cone tonality - they also add some more bass. Excellent speakers with good chime.

caspa

Yes - a similar sonic footprint to the Jensons can be found in the Eminence Legend 1058s (75 watts). Seamed cone tonality - they also add some more bass. Excellent speakers with good chime.
Great thanks, Legend 1058 ordered

That dustcap of the 1058 certainly is not vintage. My guess is that it turned out too bright for dirt or it flaunted something undesirable which they tried to shave off.

Had I seen this thread yeasterday I would have suggested Weber or perhaps WGS, which would have had that original flat-tipped cap for authenticity.

BlueRiff

That dustcap of the 1058 certainly is not vintage. My guess is that it turned out too bright for dirt or it flaunted something undesirable which they tried to shave off.

Had I seen this thread yeasterday I would have suggested Weber or perhaps WGS, which would have had that original flat-tipped cap for authenticity.
Trust me - the 1058s have plenty of high end and serious vintage mojo. They sound outstanding with OD pedals.

caspa

Trust me - the 1058s have plenty of high end and serious vintage mojo. They sound outstanding with OD pedals.
Just wanted to follow up and say thanks - the 1508 was exactly what I was looking for! Amp is much less muddy and I can actually use the EQ now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom