Highway 1 Tele, with Kinmans, through a Music Man

hot_rats

Anyway, what do you think about kinman pickups? some of them sound potentially great according to the samples on their website.

fenderfan

They completely solved my pickup search for years. Also, they really saved me in many gig situations where there was bad wiring that would have caused huge hum without the Kinmans...

ReddRanger

I'll have to wait until I get home to be able to view your clip, but I'm intrigued by your setup.

In the meantime, have you tried any other noiseless pups? How do you feel they compare to the Kinmans?

paulg

Silver Supporting Member
Great tone. Are those the "Broadcaster" or "60's Tele" pups?

fenderfan

Redd - yes, I have tried many, including Bardens, and the Kinmans were the ultimate for me in terms of killing all hum while maintaining a strong, throaty Tele tone in actual gig situations.
Paul and T - thanks for the positive comments. Those Kinmans are the Custom 60s.
It's funny about that Music Man amp - I have owned just about every model of Fender amp, and loved most of them, but was willing to let them move along in various gear transactions...but I won't ever let go of that Music Man.

Stubee

Sounds real good. I've been playing my AV'62RI some thru my RD50, I like it but it's a very "chimey" amp vs. my Pro Jr so gotta set tone controls way down with a Tele with those pups. Other guitars not an issue & it's a great amp, I've had it forever & got it way back when nobody wanted 'em. Used to gig with it quite a bit.

fenderfan

Stubee - I also find that my Music Man sounds better with some tone adjustments like that. I need to run the bass control higher than I normally would on other amps, and that gives a great, full tone that really punches. In that video clip, I had my bass control on 8, with treble at about 3 or 4...

Trending Topics