Hillsong United Pedalboard Pics

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by UrbanHymns, May 2, 2014.

1. ry-guy

ry-guy Member

I wonder what nigel uses the dd5 and pitchshifter for?

2. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

now thats a setup i could roll with, small rack setup but powerful

3. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

They're always used together for a specific ambient sound.

Yeah it really is. Not bad for under 32 kgs.

4. ry-guy

ry-guy Member

Hey Goodwood, what kind of Mogami do you use to wire this?

5. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

There is an hour-long video on YouTube of Kunde explaining his whole rig. He brought up the same point about Morgan amps there, too.

6. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

saw that video, and i've also seen some first hand accounts of guys who bought and used several Morgan amps that went bad (returned for repairs, came back with the same problem happening, etc). I wouldn't write them off because of just those stories, but it's possible Jeff heard enough of them to make him steer clear... but also quite possible that he just wants to push the amps he's endorsed by

funny thing is, Visual Sound isn't super popular in P&W music outside of the Hillsong guys (you're right, they are endorsed by Visual Sound, going back years). I've been a fan of Visual Sound since i first bought my Jekyll & Hyde, and without fail almost every time i show someone my board i get questions as to why i use so much of their stuff. Walrus and JHS are the more popular choices among the everyday P&W guys (even though VS sounds just as good in my opinion, and usually costs alot less).

7. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

I made a thread of the Kunde video (of course it went way off-course) but someone in that thread mentioned that Bethel Church as a whole stays away from Morgan amps.

8. Kluch

Kluch Member

I totally agree. I think the VS stuff is just as good. Maybe not as much variety going on there (fewer products offered than say, jhs) but their stuff sounds great and is solidly built for the long run. I love my vsxo and loved my open road. I feel like they tend to favor some of the Nashville crowd too with their products.

9. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

DON'T USE TUBESCREAMERS!! ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT 'REAL TONE' IS WOULD NEVER USE A TUBESCREAMER!!! TRAINWRECK AMPS!! NO TUBESCREAMERS!!! I'M BATMAN!!!!

^ you mean that thread? ;)

for sure. I did a side by side of the VS-XO and JHS Double Barrel and for my needs and what i like, the XO killed the DB (at almost half the price). Plus VS is one of (if not the only) pedal companies offering a lifetime warranty on their stuff. The Nashville thing makes sense, since they're offices are located their.

10. Paul Anderberg

Paul Anderberg Member

I don't really follow a lot of these guys so maybe everyone else knows already, but I wonder what Hendroff uses the Mobius for?

And what MGC uses the M9 for?

11. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Love Timon's rig. Is he still using the Gretsch Duo Jet? I've been looking at the VsXO to stack with my Tim, not because Hillsong uses it (actually didn't know that until just now). Anyone know if they're compatible?

12. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

Probably the same things he had the Nova Mod for? :dunno

13. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

i would imagine they are. Both sides of the XO are very tweakable and have stacked great with everything i tried it with. Considering the Timmy's ability to stay pretty true to the amps voicing i think they'd go great together

14. papersun

papersun Member

. . . which are?

15. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

my guess would be modulation, pitch shifting (there's an expression pedal on his board that may be linked to the M9) and crazy reverb sounds. Looks like he has Cusack Sweet Verb on there (maybe even 2?) but the M9 could be for shimmer, etc.

16. slap_back05

Not sure, thats what the :dunno was for...

From listening to their music, I know he uses tremolo, chorus, and vibe, so I bet those are in there.

17. treeuh

treeuh Member

Admittedly, he says he doesn't really use it that much... It wasn't working one night (power supply issue), and he said it wasn't a huge deal for that particular set...

18. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

19. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

Don't be surprised if Nige's next setup doesn't include the Mobius.

20. slap_back05

Can someone give an honest assessment of what each side of the VS XO is? Like, is the right side a tube screamer and the left side a blues breaker? Anything besides the typical "one side is transparent, the other has a sweet amp like sound"...

Just plain and simple, what is it so I can decide if there's something it could replace?