• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Hilton Pro Guitar Pedal Owners - Question:

scottrolf

With regards to the 9v power supply Hilton provides, he states that it's a Negative Tip and can be powered off most pedalboard power supply's.

However, most power supply's are Positive Tip (Center Negative).
Is his statement accurate?

downburst82

I power it off my MXR ISObrick with no problem. I think by tip maybe he means the center pin? I agree its not very clear at all.

axm.88

I have the regular Hilton that uses 24v with what's described as a "positive tip", the opposite of yours. The polarization of the supply I bought from Digikey that works with the pedal is "Positive Center", so I'd imagine the Pro Guitar runs on standard Center Negative power. Enjoy the pedal, I find there's nothing that matches the Hilton's tone for my ears!

scottrolf

My Strymon Zuma (like voodoo lab and boss) for all of the 9v ports is a center negative. NOT tip negative.
Yes I know it’s semantics, but in this case it makes a big difference.

24v however, IS tip negative.

So I’m going to make a calculated assumption and say the pedal will work with my Zuma.

Thanks

Glitch Magnet

I think this is just confusion over terminology. DC power plugs don't have a tip like a 1/4" phone plug does, but some refer to the center as the "tip". The outside would be the sleeve. So center=negative and tip=negative mean the same thing.

Trending Topics