Himmelstrutz...what happened?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mach1, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Silver Supporting Member

Thanks, @BluesHarp! I'm with you :). Just got tired saying it over and over again.

cajone5 likes this.
  2. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I like the fact that someone is pointing out that the pedals he's selling are the white and grey versions, vs the white and grey versions other people are selling. Because, you know, I can't see what color they are in the pics...

4. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Why, are you grey/white colorblind or something?

5. leblanc74

leblanc74 Member

My Nord Plus will never be kicked off my board... many contender tried but they all failed

Schtomp and TimeSnow like this.
  6. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Who is "we" and are you going to post some pics of pedals you have built with nos parts you used for aesthetics?

Got no answer from my reply so Im figuring that your silence isn't reinforcing your opinion much..

sanfi4u likes this.
  7. Goldsm

Goldsm Member

In my opinion the old Fetto 9.0 is THE ultimate overdrive and I find the NutCrackers to be excelent boosts because of tonal possibilities and the Gekko an untraditional delay that might not suit everyone but gives a real tape echo a real fight. Well I´m not fond of the White but there are alternatives!-)
    [​IMG]

Schtomp, seth3 and noise'n'hum like this.
  8. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

C'Luxe is still my fave... great great great box o' dirt...

ebenezer likes this.
  9. ProtoGuitars

ProtoGuitars Supporting Member

a few up on the forum currently ..

10. noise'n'hum

noise'n'hum Supporting Member

I have Fetto 11.1, Fetto Custom, Fitzo, Gramps +, Gekko, Miss NutCracker, UnderOver and even Fekto. Sold Deluxe, C-Luxe, Gramps. They are one of the best pedal available for some certain tones and sounds. The most versatile is Custom and with Gramp + and UnderOver & Miss NutCraker you can do about everything except some crazy metal stuff. Fekto added to Maxon AD-900 (2xMN3005) was the reason of selling of my SIB Red Echo Drive, Fekto added depth and ambience and it's great with od/dist/fuzz pedal too.

11. seth3

seth3 Member

Holy Moses, @Goldsm. I love your non-traditional Himmelstrutz collection!

Gekko is amazing. Buy one. It's my only echo/delay/reverb effect.

Goldsm likes this.
  12. Rodan

Rodan Member

Man I'd feel pretty weird spending that much money on an OD that had a picture of a cartoon ostrich/duck on the front. :dunno

13. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Imgine spending $1500 on an OD with a centaur on the front...

14. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I used to LOVE the 11.1 and really wish I hadnt sold it. I tried two other Fettos ( deluxe and custom, I think ) since then that were not as good to me. So.. whats your favorite?

bonehead1972 likes this.
  15. noise'n'hum

noise'n'hum Supporting Member

I sold not favorite Himmelstrutzez ) Fetto 11.1 is my favorite modded Marshall type of pedal. I tweaked bass and gain trimpots inside for more and now it's heavy Marshall distortion. I have BJF DRD and it's more traditional Marshall pedal in my tone's arsenal where 11.1 is really Marshall on 11 or even 12. Toneczar Openhaus is really close to tweaked 11.1 in "hot-rod'ness" but in more heavy Mesa/Bogner type tones. Custom is the best for mid gain level between od and dist and I like Bass/Treble eq section to tailor it to different amps. I like it as heavy overdrive, it's very amp like. Gramps + is angry and hairy bastard of Custom and UnderOver or treble boost, very good for mid section between distortion and fuzz. All of them have some hi-mid/treble presence which could be unpleasant for somebody especially for alone bedroom playing, but it's good for mix in a band.

16. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

very strange that as a testament to how much its loved everyone that claims to like it assures everyone theyve tried to replace it.
    if its so great, then why would you replace it? this place is bizzare.

TEPR likes this.
  17. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

I played a Fetto Custom--thought it sounded great but "felt" terrible. Getting sound that good is unusual (but by no means unique), so I understand why people love 'em, and why others move on. -E

la noise likes this.
  18. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Its the "there might be something a little better" thang and its only more prevalent here because we see every new fad coming over the hill to g.a.s us up. Its not the place.. its the g.a.s thats to blame. Its like if you were dating a girl and you thought she was awesome and all of the sudden a rich model thats a dime gives you the eye and she could be yours... all of the sudden your not so "content" if you know what I mean. If you try to keep both then you cant afford to make them BOTH happy... on and on.

19. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

Dunno if I was the avid supporter mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't post much these days, to busy. I did buy a fetto maximus plus a gecko the other day, still own my original, pre company, customprinted fetto (s/n 03), I love them all. I really don't care what colour they come in, they sound awesome, never break down, and if they would break, Joakim is a 20 minute drive away.
    Cheers

20. malabarmusic

malabarmusic Member

I believe the "avid supporter" was another member who chimed in with positive comments on pretty much every thread that mentioned the brand in any way. He hasn't posted on TGP in over 7 months, so I've no idea if he's still a "fan" or not.