Hipshots?

8Painting

Anyone have one, I've seen tons of pictures, even played a guitar with one, and I had no CLUE as to how they worked.

Anyone with some insight, I'm going to try and trade into an esquire and am considering them an option if the price/how good they are, is worth it.

scottlr

I assume you mean the B-Bender? Watch some of the Hellecaster's vid on YouTube. Will Ray is a master of the Hipshot B-Bender. PM me if you want one. I have a brand new one I never put on a guitar I'd consider selling.

Have a Will Ray G&L model with the b bender on it. Its a Crazy, crazy guitar!! Very overlooked and underrated I think.
Basically the B bender sits behind the bridge, the b string is run straight through a special hole in the bridge into the bender mechanism. There is a hexagonal arm that sticks out the back of the bender which is activated by pushing the arm with your hip! (Kinda feel like Elvis doin it (A GOOD thing!)). Finally there is a screw to set the level of "pull" on the bender, a whole or half tone! You can also set the bender up to work on the G string if ya fancy takin on Brad Paisley!
Hope this helped a bit! I must really say that they're a great guitar! Seem to be able to pick em up cheapish too!

getbent

I use one. they are cool.. you have a little bar that hangs off the back of your guitar and you just kinda move your hip against it when you wanna bend from b to c#... I also have the drop d lever for my low e string... they work great...

SHM

I use one. they are cool.. you have a little bar that hangs off the back of your guitar and you just kinda move your hip against it when you wanna bend from b to c#... I also have the drop d lever for my low e string... they work great...

Same here. Fun and a great way too get some steelguitar sound going.

tele.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom