Hiwatt Tube pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MogwaiBoy, May 8, 2015.

1. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

2. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Think it was about 5yrs ago, never made a splash, but of course HiWatts marketing and distribution channels are pretty much non-existent. Probably just another starved plate pedal.

3. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

Not sure. Comes with an 18v 1000mA power supply.

The OD sounds thin in the few vids that exist, but the Distortion actually sounds good:

Internal pics near the start of the vid shows a 12AU7. I can't find an instruction manual or any other info on it.

4. dirk_benedict

dirk_benedict Supporting Member

They have a really cool looking tape echo floating around too!

5. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

There's a UK dealer selling the overdrive and distortion on Ebay. $180ish USD (GBP 119.99). The distortion sounds nice enough.

Edit: Hm, apparently they have a whole range of pedals that I was not aware of - including a Wah?

6. walnutprecision

walnutprecision Member

I know this might be resurrecting a thread from the dead... but I was doing some HIWATT searching tonight and came across this thread from 2015. It seems HIWATT still has these on their latest web page

Tube Distortion
    Tube Overdrive
    Tube Phaser
    Tube Tremolo
    Tube Hi-Gain Distortion

(didn't see a wah anymore...)

http://www.hiwatt.co.uk/products/footswitches-and-pedals/

No idea where you'd buy any of them... as one of the posters here said, their marketing/distribution seems to leave a lot to be desired.... maybe eBay or Reverb (but I didn't look)... if they are priced like the other HIWATT stuff, I'd assume you'll need to bring your big-balance VISA to the pedal party....

7. walnutprecision

walnutprecision Member

I did at least find one (or more) YouToobers of the HIWATT Phaser... (more in the margin on YouToober)

8. walnutprecision

walnutprecision Member

Here's a demo where (some bare-footed, hopefully not birthday-suited) guy has a string of different phasers on the ground... at times the ROSS really signs, and toward the end when he kicks the speed up, then settles it down a bit on the Small Stone, the Small Stone really shines... can't say this does much for the HIWATT... actually, in this side-by-side, the HIWATT is kinda ho-hum, and is maybe best used for a boost or something because its not really phasing much of anything... even less dramatic than the 2 MXRs he's got on there... and WTF is up with the Source Audio pedal... there must be a level control or something on there he isn't adjusting, because when he hits that one, the tone and volume disappear... in other demos the Source Audio pedals has a lot of choices and variable dramatic stuff to it... but not under the feet of the bare-footed man, haha

MogwaiBoy likes this.
  9. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

Nice find! Maybe one day these will be worth a bajillion dollars but still as of now they are completely off the radar. Strange that such a wellknown company can make such obscure stuff.

10. la noise

la noise Supporting Member

I had the Distortion pedal. Less iconic Hi-Watt and more wanna-be Metal. :dunno