• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Hiwatt Tube Tremolo

Hecube

Your thoughts?

Anyone in here uses one?

There doesn't seem to be a whole of a lot of info on the web...

ruger9

I knew of it's existence, I remember when it was released because I was hoping it was using tube bias to achieve the tremolo (probably not, especially if it has a wave control), and haven't heard about it since, a couple years now.

BEMUSofNrthAmrca

I'm looking for info on this pedal as well. I'm doing some research on tube-tremolo pedals in general, and this one seems to have a great bang for it's buck. Can be had for less than $200. It's in the same ballpark as the EHX Wiggler. A bit pricier are the Kingsley Bard Tube Tremolo and the Effectrode Delta-Trem.

ruger9

Wiggler is noisy. Delta-Trem sounds awesome but big bucks. I might get the new Kingsley, but I'd like to hear how slow it can go first... may call Simon and see if he can at least show be the slow end of the speed range over the phone.

SUPERMUFF1

Isnt Hiwatt now Music Ground aka JMI? I heard this somewhere recently and if its true Ill pass. JMI/MG = Garbage

JaminJuno

A friend of mine works as the local distributor for them here. He lent me one a while back when I was thinking of buying one. I dug the sound, was very nice. Not a much tweakability, but what it did I thought it did very well. The thing that put me off was the large size and the fact that it needed 18V power. Just not very pedal board friendly. Can't comment on quality or reliability.

BEMUSofNrthAmrca

bumping this thread.

looking for anyone else who has owned or played one.

A friend of mine works as the local distributor for them here. He lent me one a while back when I was thinking of buying one. I dug the sound, was very nice. Not a much tweakability, but what it did I thought it did very well. The thing that put me off was the large size and the fact that it needed 18V power. Just not very pedal board friendly. Can't comment on quality or reliability.
Thanks for the info.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom