• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Hmm. A guitar I owned 10 years ago has resurfaced for sale

VintagePlayerStrat

Silver Supporting Member
The guitar in question is a nice boutiquey Les Paul Special clone that I did miss over the years. In fact, I bought the same model looking for the tone I remembered, but it didn't sound the same as the one I sold off, so I cycled that one out of my collection.

The one from 10 years ago is being sold by the guy I sold it to -- and I was the original owner. So it's not a village bicycle that's been handled by who knows who. Looks like it's aged gracefully over the last decade. The price isn't great, but I suspect I can get it down a bit.

The only problem is I am trying to reduce my collection by two or three fiddles and have one up for sale now. Buying this old gal back would basically put me back where I started on the collection front. hehe.

Should I buy it back? Or no? Feel free to opine.

Last edited:

Fr3shMak3r

Inmate 151675
Platinum Supporting Member
On the one hand, presumably you sold it for a reason, so maybe this is just a nostalgia thing?

Otherwise, if it's truly a guitar you love, you are way ahead vs. a different guitar you think you might love, so why not go for the sure thing, and sell something else if you need to?

Capstan Philips

Silver Supporting Member
If I ever saw my 1976 Fender Strat, serial 714155 that I bought November 19, 1976 from Gracin's Music in Hempstead, NY that cost $287.00 with the case from a salesman named Lenny who had an Afro and drove a VW Scirocco...I would buy it. ;-)
Honestly, unless you're willing to loosen up a bit and give up some details, you're simply never going to see that guitar again.

Defendant

Silver Supporting Member
Life is short.
Get it.
If I ever saw my 1976 Fender Strat, serial 714155 that I bought November 19, 1976 from Gracin's Music in Hempstead, NY that cost $287.00 with the case from a salesman named Lenny who had an Afro and drove a VW Scirocco...I would buy it. ;-)
Haha! -at least I have a lead on where my 76 is -it was bought by a member of The Offspring.

Jazzandmore

Life is short.
Get it.
You didn't list his license plate number, so I'm thinking you don't really remember the circumstances when you bought the guitar :rotflmao

Jazzandmore

The guitar in question is a nice boutiquey Les Paul Special clone that I did miss over the years. In fact, I bought the same model looking for the tone I remembered, but it didn't sound the same as the one I sold off, so I cycled that one out of my collection.

The one from 10 years ago is being sold by the guy I sold it to -- and I was the original owner. So it's not a village bicycle that's been handled by who knows who. Looks like it's aged gracefully over the last decade. The price isn't great, but I suspect I can get it down a bit.

The only problem is I am trying to reduce my collection by two or three fiddles and have one up for sale now. Buying this old gal back would basically put me back where I started on the collection front. hehe.

Should I buy it back? Or no? Feel free to opine.
So you've missed it over the years and even bought something else to try and replace it? And you know the guy is the only other owner. Hmm sounds like to me you want this bad boy back, so why not grab it?

As to getting your collection down. You've got 3 right now you are willing to part with, and one you really want back. So part with those 3 over time, but get this one back. You will still have a smaller collection.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom