HN Guitar Rebuild day...first guitar...a slight return!

megawzrd

Silver Supporting Member
Efs7JXj.jpg

This is a touch early. But I just got her together and checked my wiring. I plugged it in with my volume at a whisper...all good. Ready to crank it up tomorrow.

This is my first guitar. It is an early 90s memphis strat clone I modded to death in my teens and early twentys. Well technicall just the body and a few remaining guts. It has seen little play time in the last 10 years as I focused my attention on GAS. I have also continued to hone my setup and building skills overtime, i.e fretwork, setup. It was time to rebuild this beast and finally fix a few issues I have long since let lie.

The quick rundown:
Redrilled high angled spring claw screws (a long standing error in not using the proper long bit, couldn't put a back cover on)
Frets leveled, filed, crowed, polished, etc
Complete pickup swap for cs54s I had around; (it was a gfs/carvin HSH and excessive treble bleed and tone setup)
Salvage two old tone pots and a new used volume pot, complete rewire

Why the slight return. Jimi's Burned Monterey pop festival strat was the original influence for the paint I did years back.

Now...I try to get to sleep.
P.S. I didn't have any black pup covers so she is rocking yin/yang style with a mix of aged white covers. I kinda like it.

megawzrd

Silver Supporting Member
PllpZor.jpg

Man! I have forgotten how much like home this guitar feels with single coils. I don't miss the sc sized buckers, extra wire and snake oil componentry I added over the years. I can notice the ounce or so lighter the guitar is without that bucker setup as well.
This particular guitar has always been a little dark and the 54s really match up well and liven it up.

All dialed in and she plays better than she ever has. Time to queue up some old thrash/metal/shred licks and have more fun!

megawzrd

Silver Supporting Member
6Y0nELg.jpg

Woot for quick pickup cover delivery.
Now it is done...I think I can say for a long time that is. Oh man is it good to have my ole' number 1 back in a big way! Ready to \m/

Trending Topics

Top Bottom