HNAD: Friedman

Jay Axis

Congrats on a great amp! Please follow up with your thoughts on it after some play time. I have a Phil X that I love. I'd love to have a BE100 Deluxe too if I had the room and didn't already own too many amps.

Axe Arsenal

Congrats on a great amp! Please follow up with your thoughts on it after some play time. I have a Phil X that I love. I'd love to have a BE100 Deluxe too if I had the room and didn't already own too many amps.
The Phil X YT vid of the BE 100 was one 3 vids that convinced me (along with Shawn Tubbs and Zach Wish) to get a Friedman. I had a good deal on this and didn't have to wait weeks for it so this was the opportunity.
Yeah, I also have too many amp at the moment but I'll sell a couple. I sold a Marshall JVM 410H last week and I probably sell my Hook Captain and maybe the vintage 1959 SLP from '75 ...

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
That is a BIG headshell! Big tone from it! Enjoy! Amazing sounding amp!

Andy1325

Congrats!

I love mine, it's a superbly versatile amp.
I gig mine with a small reverb in the loop and a single klon style boost up front.

Axe Arsenal

Congrats!

I love mine, it's a superbly versatile amp.
I gig mine with a small reverb in the loop and a single klon style boost up front.

I see you're a Friedman addict!
You use a boost in front of the BE Deluxe? Wow...which style of music do you play..Metal?

Andy1325

I see you're a Friedman addict!
You use a boost in front of the BE Deluxe? Wow...which style of music do you play..Metal?
Ha ha! Far from it mate.

I use a JRAD Archer in front, mainly set for a clean boost, it's not hammering the front end but the Archer just adds 'something'.
It's a great 'always on' pedal for me.

wetordry

Congrats!
I got one around November, great amp.
I ran thru a half dozen boosts looking for something to use, ended up with a Snouse Black Box.

I think it's #4 for December 2019.
But that's wild guess looking at my serial number.

Last edited:

Axe Arsenal

Congrats!
I got one around November, great amp.
I ran thru a half dozen boosts looking for something to use, ended up with a Snouse Black Box.

I think it's #4 for December 2019.
But that's wild guess looking at my serial number.
Yeah, It's definitely from December.
I mailed Friedman, saying "I bought a second hand BE100 Deluxe" , "when was it made? I added the same pic.
Dave replied: " december, it's new" .
Well, you could say that. I had amps and guitars I bought new that stayed longer in the music shops before I actually bought them.
What would the first 3 digits mean? Anybody?

Axe Arsenal

Ha ha! Far from it mate.

I use a JRAD Archer in front, mainly set for a clean boost, it's not hammering the front end but the Archer just adds 'something'.
It's a great 'always on' pedal for me.
I see. I rarely use a boost. Sometimes with my old Marshall TSL 100 on the crunch channel.
I saw in some of your earlier postings that we have some other things in common :
- Marshall JVM 410. Actually, I sold this one (head version) a week ago. Never was satisfied with it, had a few mods done..
- PRS 513, Gibson LP Supreme and various other LP's, Strats,..

wetordry

Yeah, It's definitely from December.
I mailed Friedman, saying "I bought a second hand BE100 Deluxe" , "when was it made? I added the same pic.
Dave replied: " december, it's new" .
Well, you could say that. I had amps and guitars I bought new that stayed longer in the music shops before I actually bought them.
What would the first 3 digits mean? Anybody?
Mine starts with the same 3 digits, so maybe its a model code....

Trending Topics