Hoarder head count.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
Watched some of the show "Hoarders" on TV the other night. This documents attempted interventions with people who've filled their houses to overflowing with junk/trash/collections - to the point that you can't walk through a room and you find dead small animals under all the collected detrius.
My wife thinks I'm a less extreme case largely because of my gear stash, and she's probably right. My basement has carcasses of dead amps, various guitar parts, tubes, cords, CDs, stereo stuff, etc. When you look at the total volume its a little concerning. When she gets onto me about trying to get rid of stuff I can really relate to those people on the show - I LIKE my stuff. In my defence, I can still easily walk through my basement, and no dead animals or rotting food mixed in.
Any fellow gear hoarders out there?

panoramic

my basement has turned into a recording studio over the last few years, is it crazy? sure but I still have room down there so I am no hoarder yet.

bassethound

I'm a recovering hoarder. I've been trying to purge lately b/c hoarding gear leads to clutter, too much stuff left unplayed, too much time spent deciding what gear to use rather than just playing IMO. However, I've found that purging is painful and difficult. It seems I can justify keeping most of my crap, even the stuff I never use. Plus, friggin TGP gives me major GAS so there's always something on my want list. :nuts

Carbohydrates

Not so much. I sell guitars to buy new ones, all of my amps work, and I only have one drawer full of spare parts. :)

Devnor

Yeah...count me in. I just cannot let go of my old studio gear, manuals, stands, old digital synths. I keep hoping 12 bit hardware samplers with floppy drives will make a comeback!

mullytron

Guilty, I think.

Even after a mini-purge a few years back, I still have a pretty big but "reasonable" guitar collection. That is, until you have to pack it up for a big move, which I just did yesterday. I was lucky that I have a guy at the local GC who sported me a bunch of guitar boxes, since loose cases in a truck is sketchy.

I have BOXES of parts, TUBS of cable, DRAWERS of pedals, it's a little scary

just_one_more

Gold Supporting Member
I am but it is partially justified becuase I my work. I guess the part that needs to be watched is the level of old parts I keep around.

pixelchemist

totally a hoarder here... but i also get really irritated when things are messy and disorganized... so i doubt i will every get anything even close to that show.

I got it from my dad for sure... he is also a very organized hoarder...

kelvinator60

I have a small but nice stable of guitars and amps and pedals but I keep nothing around that is not getting used. Generally something is sold to buy something else. Parts get sold off too unless they go to a specific guitar that I may sell and want the original parts to put it back to original (example is the original bridge for my old Jazzmaster after I upgraded to a Mastery Bridge.)

Hangfire

I hoarded three USA made Crate Palominos then came to my senses and narrowed it down to one USA Crate V3112. I could not believe how good they sounded for the price...

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
-that little bit of 4conductor pup wire
-the hookup wire salvaged from ??
-bits of velcro
-that weird transformer
-another almost working oscilloscope
-a boxful of wallwarts
-more...much more

The creepy part is that I actually reuse stuff that has been siting for 20 years and that provides reinforcement to keep more......no rodents

Trending Topics