Hoffee cases

Palladio

Platinum Supporting Member
I've never owned a Hoffee case, but for about 70% less money, I'd bet that the Hiscox cases would offer you similar protection and light weight. There are stories of people running over them with cars and the guitar inside emerging unscathed.

http://www.hiscoxcases.com/

The only problem is that they are made in the UK and not many dealers stock them in the USA. You'd probably have to contact them and find a US dealer to special order for you. They also don't look nearly as cool as the Hoffee cases....

chrisross

They do look awesome, and I'm sure they protect like no other...but...I just can't have a case that cost the same amount as my guitar. I can't live with that.

eric102673

From the website linked above:

Each Hoffee Case Is Custom Built In The USA And Is Available For Nearly Any Model Guitar including flat top acoustics, classicals, archtops, resonators and solid body electrics.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
I love my Hoffee case and believe that it is "better" than Calton in many ways (weight, lines/design, etc.). Plus, Hoffee is actively working with many of the best luthiers today to constantly improve the design(s) and process for manufacture. Making custom, quality carbon fiber products that perform on many different levels (strength, weight, size etc.) is definitely a journey.

Plus, I like supporting a guy/company that is trying to do cutting edge stuff in the U.S.A. in a market segment that is TOUGH (think about the tooling and overhead costs to make carbon fiber musical instrument cases AND still be profitable).

I hope Hoffee is around a long time...creativity, passion and quality in tangible form.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
I'll second Hiscox case, they're amazing IMO. Best case I've ever owned

Mc-K

Platinum Supporting Member
Canadian Carlton is no more. After all the trouble with quality and orders paid for and never received Keith Carlton in the UK ceased licensing his name to them. Last I saw they were calling themselves Workhorse Cases.

The new Hoffee is the way to go.

Jim Soloway

I wonder how they'd fare head to head with the Accord. I haven't seen the Hoffee in person but the Accord was easily the best I have seen. As for the price, for most people it's absurd but it certainly makes sense if you're doing a lot of travel as a professional musician. Just think of it as protecting your gig rather than protecting your guitar. That definitely changes the equation.

Trending Topics