• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hold function on the Neunaber Wet/Slate

Ilsenhab

Hey Neunabers,

How does the Hold function work on the Neunaber Wet/Slate reverbs? Is it similar to the Strymon Big Sky where you can get infinity/hold by holding down the footswitch and overlap reverb'd or dry sounds on top of the held sound?

Thanks in advance

neunabertech

There are two versions of the Infinity Hold effect in our Pedal Customizer software, one with reverb and the other one without. They each function the same way: when the footswitch is activated, the previous 200 ms will be infinitely looped until the footswitch is pressed again.

I don't have much familiarity with other Infinity/Hold effects, so I can't really compare ours to others in terms of how they function. Here's a short video a customer made demoing the Infinity Hold.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I've tried and tried to figure it out and I gave up. I can't make it work properly. The other guitarist in our band however can make it sound amazing.

stockment

It acts more like a Electro harmonix freeze [with the possible addition of reverb]. Having owned a freeze and currently owning both a stereo WET and a big sky, --the neunaber freeze algorithm is not great. I LOVe my WET. It's amazing and Neunaber continues to develop amazing software. They are a stellar company. But I personally found their freeze/hold algorithm too granular to be usable. [My uneducated guess is that 200 ms is too long of a time to be usable for my needs...both the EH freeze and the Big Sky produce a much smother/seamless effect]. YMMV.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
.......both the EH freeze and the Big Sky produce a much smother/seamless effect]. YMMV.
This is my experience as well. Anytime I try to do the Hold on my Neunaber it just modulates and you can clearly hear where the short loop starts over.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
It's not as smooth as some others, but I like it still!
Doesn't sound half bad here, kicks in at 0:12

MogwaiBoy

I also found the Infinity Hold modulation to be too intense and vastly prefer the BigSky+DMC. A subtle modualation firmware version or better yet, virtual knob for modulation speed and depth, would be an awesome update.

stockment

So I just tried updating my wet with the infinity hold since they have added a modulation virtual trim pot. Interestingly enough, with the modulation turned down the frozen signal still sounds too granular and is not usable, but with the modulation turned up to 3 o'clock the modulation is definitely much more present, but the frozen signal is also much more usable. I may actually keep the wet loaded with this for awhile.

Meriphew

I have a Slate w/ExP that I love, but I have to say that the freeze effect was a let down. I used to have a Timefactor that had this feature and it was awesome - the Slate freeze funtion just doesn't work/sound very good IMO.

minty901

I keep mine loaded with infinity hold w/reverb purely because its the only algorithm that lets you set the modulation, lowpass and highpass as virtual trimpots that cant be altered on the pedal. I have dialed in the perfect modulated reverb sound using those virtual trimpots and I want them to stay exactly as they are.

Trimpot values from left to right:
502, 8000, 3.03143, 0

Gives you Boss RV-5 Mod sound with the massive decay and bloom of the WET.

Meriphew

I wish Neunaber would update the freeze function and eliminate the modulation on it. The modulation makes it unusable to me. As others have mentioned, when the note is held it warbles out of tune, and the "seams" become more apparent.

Trending Topics