Holland Amp Anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kanegon, Mar 29, 2008.

1. kanegon

kanegon Supporting Member

I've got a 2001 Holland Li'l Jimi, but can't find any info on it. I had to replace some of the tubes because they were damaged during shipping. Think I have the right ones in the right place, but if anyone knows what the stock configuration was -more or less- L to R, I would appreciate it. I've thrown in the towel because after 6 months, I'm thinking it might be a 50 watter (not the 35, but how do you tell?) and realized it must have had an 12at7 where I've got a 12ax7 AND SO ON.

I can judge what I don't like but all the tube switching and tweaking drives me nutz. It sounds pretty good where its at as of yesterday, but ya always gotta wonder... No, Mike Holland has not returned my messages... so there you have it.

2. Kriskov

Kriskov Silver Supporting Member

Since Heritage took over Holland, maybe they might have some info? It's worth a try, or they might point you in a good direction.

3. kanegon

Thanks. But I hear they are not technically related except for one of the former partners. Have read everything out there in the ether, and figured someone's gotta have one they can look at... in fact, I got it via TGP, but the previous owner wasn't sure. He was however upstanding in taking care of the damage.

4. GA19RVT

GA19RVT Member

In my own personal experience, I have heard few amps fill a room with tone like a brown Fender Vibrasonic. Wow!

5. meterman

meterman Member

Seems like I heard the Lil Jimi was more or less a Bassman type? In which case maybe a 12AY7 in V1 would be just right...

6. kanegon

It came with 2 NOS Westinghouse 5751s. Think there were 2 12at7s, one for the verb. 2 Svetlana 6L6s. Can't remember where they went, except for the obvious.

Apparently V1 is more critical than V2 in some amps and vise versa in others. I accidentally stuck a 12ax7 in V2 and got lucky perhaps. The treble is super sensitive and rarely cranked past noon. I've already replaced the Weber 12F150 with a cheaper alnico legend to get cut down on the sheen/chime/microphonics.

Onward through the fog!