Holland amp schematic and help needed

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by tuberider, Jul 25, 2005.

1. tuberider

tuberider Supporting Member

I have a Holland Jazz amp.It uses two 6l6s and a single 12" speaker.I suspect it uses the Lil' Jimi model platform with bigger transformers but I'm not a tech .The fuse is intact.The speaker is connected and good. The light and tubes light up but no sound.Not even hiss.
    It's as if the standby was switched off.Does anybody know how or where to get a schematic?Anyone else have this type of problem with these amps?Any help or info is appreciated.Thanks in advance!

2. rooster

rooster Member

Chances are it's very close to a classic amp, something like a Marshall or Fender. Not a whole bunch between the input jack and the power tubes if it's a jazz amp. Being a tech, I wouldn't advise poking around inside an amp if you're not a tech. People get hurt badly that way.

rooster.

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Go to the Heritage Guitars web site and get their #...one of the guys there used to help Mike Holland build amplifiers-unfortunately,MH is sort of seen as a flake by some folks as he never seemed to be business oriented...however,he has built some interesting permutations of the WE circuits....:cool:

4. tuberider

tuberider Supporting Member

Thanks I will contact Heritage amps.BTW what briefly is a WE circuit if I might ask?

5. rooster

rooster Member

Usually, when I build my amps, I use the same setup Marshall did with a "H.T.", or High Tension fuse, which fuses the high voltage supply line. Are you sure there is no fuse on the back that would be around 1/2A slo-blo? This could cause this exact problem. I'm sure a good tech could trace this down if there is no fuse (Fender didn't use them, typically, in the old days, but Marshall always did), as it seems to me that it would be in the rectifier, the secondary of the power tranny (not likely unless it smoked), or somewhere in the first connections from the power supply to the power tubes. I'm really sorry I'm not more help, but it's hard to get my meter leads through the computer here.:)

Shouldn't be a big problem.

rooster.