Holland Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fuzzface71, Dec 25, 2009.

1. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

Can anyone can tell me more about them? How are they? I believed they are not made anymore?

2. jjhaller

jjhaller Supporting Member

I've got one. It is a Lil Jimi combo. Mine is the 50 watt version, currently loaded with 6V6's instead of 6L6's. I bought it years ago when I was after the "perfect" blackface fender. After playing countless vintage amps that all needed some sort of work, I found this and it was all over. Great big blackface cleans that get rather tweedy as the volume goes up.

I understand that some are hit and miss as far as quality. But I assure you, mine has to be one of the best build qualities I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]

Holland is out of business from what I understand. There is no association between Heritage and Holland. Mr.Holland just didn't have very good luck at running a business from what I've heard.

I'm thinking of selling mine as I'm steering away from the big bottle american sound. But every time I plug my tele into it, I have second thoughts. If you have any questions, let me know. I've had mine for about 10 years.

3. SLG

SLG Member

The early Holland Gibb-Droll models were outstanding amps based on the tweed Bassman layout. I still own one Gibb-Droll 4x10 combo. Mike Holland's later amps moved away from the Fender tweed designs and closer to the Fender Blackface, Marshall JCM, and even Vox AC30 amps. The Gibb-Droll and Lil' Jimi amps come up for sale from time to time. I've seen them sell for less than $1000. Great sounding, hand built, amps at a bargain price.

4. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

Is that what it's called (Gibb-Droll)? His 4X10 combo that looks basically like a tweed bassman? I have a trade offer that's why I'm asking about them. I've actually heard the amp, but I'm just wondering about it's value.

5. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

I had very early Gibb-Droll and it was outstanding rig,could get that Killer Marshall JTM tone and then got to a tweed tone by just adjusting your pick attack!

6. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

ask Heights Music in Cleveland Heights OH.

7. mililanibob

mililanibob Member

In case anyone is looking I have a Holland Lil Jimmy (35 watts) that is near mint and delivers one of the best clean / tweed sounds you'll ever find. I simply stumbled into this amp on accident and don't need it since I already have two similar amps that I love. Asking $1000.

8. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

That pretty much sums up my experience w/ a 35 watt Li'l Jimi 2x10 that I owned. Super sounding amp for cleans. Needs to get loud for much in the way of overdrive. Best reverb unit I've ever heard.

9. jjhaller

jjhaller Supporting Member

I've had mine biased a few different ways. Set pretty hot mine would break up really early, almost right away with high output pickups. I have it set pretty clean now. I've almost sold it a few times, but every time I plug my tele into it I change my mind.

WAY underrated