Holy Crap do I love my tone right now...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popsongsmith, Jun 21, 2008.

1. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I've been underwhelmed by my gear recently, and have been through probably a dozen OD pedals, and a half-dozen chorus boxes and amps, and I finally have a setup that inspires me. Here its is:

'04 Fender Hardtail American series with Lollar Blackface singles and a Duncan Pearly Gates->Maxon od820->MI Audio Blues Pro->DLS Ultra Chorus->Ibanez Soundtank EchoMachine->Akai HeadRush II->Dr. Z Maz 38 Sr. 2x12 combo.

The combination of the OD820 set to just barely overdriven into the Blues Pro with the gain up half way is really spectacular.

Just thought I'd share with the group[​IMG]

2. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Glad to hear it. I've been at that point for the last few months too. I play a Maz Jr...maybe something about the Zs.

3. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

I just hit my stride Friday when my BB and Moller came in. Right now I couldn't be happier with my AC30 or my pedal setup! Let's all tip our glasses or whatever our drink of choice may be (I really like strawberry coolaid) to a moment of contentment from our amps to our ears!!

4. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

I'm sipping Maker's Mark right now while listening to my recording from Thursday's band practice.

5. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

maybe it's the Irish Mist I've been hitting lately. sneaks up on ya...[​IMG]

6. Noah

Noah Member

7. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

More love for my od820 too, I run it afte the other drives, gain off, and it really fattens things up for lead work, stellor pedal!!!
    Kurt

8. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

9. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I can say that it definitely is.!