• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Holy f**king WAH pedals choices! First world problems....

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Spent some time looking through the Wah pedal choices. Dunlop has 33-ish different choices! Some look really cool, some not sure if the application is right for me. Have you guys had experience with these or other Wahs? Fulltone? BYOC?

I want it to sound good. The Joe B. has caught my eye, but there's so many with a lot of cool features. What are TGP favorites for live playing and for rehearsal room playing? And yes, I've started down that rabbit hole of watching all the videos...

My setup is pretty straightforward, FTR37 -> couple dirt pedals, Wampler delay, and a PRS Singlecut or a Yamaha RSP20CR. I want to add a Wah to add some color and spice to some solos.

C-4

I recently went through looking for a wah pedal.
I've owned an embarrassing number of them.
I bought a Jam Wahcko Wah. It has 6 if the most wonderfully vocal guitar sounds I ever heard.
Game over for all other wah pedals for me.

sleshnyc

Silver Supporting Member
I have 5 broken wah pedals. finally just bought the morley that switches when you step on it. I can't understand why everyone doesn't follow that design.

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
i recommend the joe gagan hot rod clyde, for around 100 you can get a drop in kit or for a little more a wah, but for me its tuned perfectly and includes a volume trimmer, its boutique for a good price, aside from the clyde he does other styles as well

M

Member 202408

For me, the best ones have been RMC10 and Fulltone Clyde Deluxe.

moPHOmo

I have a Morley which has sentimental value but it doesn't have the chicka chikca sweep of my other wah, a DOD FX-17 (wah and volume). Unfortunately the FX-17 only wahs every other time and I can't figure it out.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
I have 5 broken wah pedals. finally just bought the morley that switches when you step on it. I can't understand why everyone doesn't follow that design.
“Broken?” How on earth do you break a wah pedal?

Not everyone likes that design. I don’t. My fuzz pedals don’t.
Don't be talkin mess about the vox king wah, op (it rules)
He didn’t mention it, at all.:confused

I’ve been mostly using an RMC10, without complaint. The BYOC is also great. Mine is over 10 years old, and I’m not sure if they’ve changed anything, but it’s very tweakable (5 internal trimpots, iirc), and sounds excellent. Mine lives in a US Vox 847 shell, at the moment.

I also use a Wilson mini wah (in a mini crybaby shell) on my pedaltrain mini. The jury’s still out, on it. It sounds good, but it was a little hard for me to dial in, and the feel of it still throws me off.

ED_P

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Morley which has sentimental value but it doesn't have the chicka chikca sweep of my other wah, a DOD FX-17 (wah and volume). Unfortunately the FX-17 only wahs every other time and I can't figure it out.
I just read a post here the other day and someone had that complaint about their FX-17. Can't find the post, so forgive me if it was you, but if it wasn't you, at least you're not alone.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I’ve got 2 CAE’s now (love the Red Fasel in most situations) a mini (nice solution for small spaces), but am really digging the Gary Clark Jr. at present.

mrface2112

Spent some time looking through the Wah pedal choices. Dunlop has 33-ish different choices! Some look really cool, some not sure if the application is right for me. Have you guys had experience with these or other Wahs? Fulltone? BYOC?
I've got an old late 80's Crybaby and a BYOC, which is a Vox clone, as I recall. Both are excellent wah pedals, but also VERY different from each other. The BYOC has a very vocal quality to it (think Cream "White Room") whereas the Crybaby's more "funky".

I love them both, they both have their place, but the Crybaby sees most of my wah use.

Trending Topics