• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Holy Grail is coming home- James Tyler Studio Elite HD

btdvox

It's been about a week of looking into getting a Suhr/Anderson, then it dawned on me that at around the same price range I could get a guitar that I've pined for the past 10 years. I was set on getting a Suhr with a drip color effect but then...

I remember seeing one of these Tyler guitars on a Guitar Guide book and saying that it was one of the coolest guitars I had ever laid my eyes on, it was the headstock that screamed at me, then I remember seeing the cool schmear paint. Being 16 at the time, the price was way too much for me. When I was about 21, I got to try one out, a Burning Water model, and boy was it ever freaking nice!!!

After owning a few guitars, that do cost an exorbitant amount, I realized I had forgotten about my holy grail all along.

Then I saw one, not on here, but on Google Images of all places and all those feelings came back, feeling like I could be a rockstar just by holding the axe. After looking at several Tyler dealers, one James Tyler stood out everytime. Today, I bit the bullet! James Tyler Studio Elite HD in Hazmat Schmear (new Semi-Gloss) :beer

Of course here are pics for your viewing pleasure:) and a quick shout out to Make'n'Music in Chicago, really easy to deal with and good prices:

Last edited:

waini001

KILLER! I saw it posted in the 'studio elite love fest' and it looked equally killer. the semi gloss finish looks even better in the flesh (as do all shmears)

Congrats on getting your grail. What are the specs?

todd richman

That is awesome-Hazmat and Carmel Cappucino Schmear are my favorite schmears right now. What are the full specs-which Tyler pickups are on it?

Gnash

That's sweet!!

I've got a real soft spot for Tylers with maple boards. One of my all time favorite guitars was a P-Vomit with a SD JB-Jnr in the bridge position. I had to let it go due to my finances being in the can at the time.

How I miss that guitar! :(

Congratz! Enjoy it :dude:dude

mude

Silver Supporting Member
Had a Hazmat years ago....my first Tyler. Great guitar and looks better in person IMO.

Evan.

btdvox

Hey guys specs are as follows. Looks like it's coming home today!

Mamywo Body

Quartersawn Maple Neck

Standard '59 profile (.845 - .975)

Fret Size .110'' x .055'' (like a6105)

9.5'' - 12'' Compound Radius

1 and 11/16'' nut width

Master Volume Control

Active Midboost

Master Tone Control

Midboost Bypass (on/off) switch

5-way pickup selector

JTS 5500 Singlecoil Pickup (neck)

JTS 5500 Singlecoil Pickup (middle)

Tyler Super Humbucker (bridge)

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on your new Tyler Studio Elite HD, that Hazmat Schmear is really cool...

btdvox

It's home now! First impressions...Holy F@$k.

The neck is just to die for, and the Hazmat Schmear like everyone said here is way better in person, if that was possible!

btdvox

Well she's home and first impressions are off the roof. First off, I believe if a guitar sounds crummy unplugged, hows she going to sound plugged in? Thankfully the guitar is amazing plugged and unplugged! But wow, this Neck creams anything I've played in the past. The feel is just sublime, and the slight scalloping or rolling on the frets makes a world of difference, especially if thumbing over the top.

Just wow. Also found out that the Semi-Gloss is not Nitro-Cellulose. Wonder what kind of finish it is, Can't be Poly can it?

Trending Topics