• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Holy NGD!!!

RBH

The pick guard size and placement is pretty neat. It's sized and scaled just right. Really nice guitar.

Mr Fingers

Wonderful. That's a great guitar in all ways, and I much (much!) prefer the balanced tone and volume across all strings to the "Martin dread" sound, which is definitely distinctive and, in my mind, a thing of the past. I love the old boomers but they are not my pick for making music anymore. What you got is spot on IMO. And I call them bursts, partly to annoy time travelers but also because that's what normal people living in the present day call them.

Bluedano1

Yes, a Martin dread is 'a thing of the past' WTF?!

Not on my planet, I have quite a few friends I gig with, many styles of music, and not that we don't own and love other body sizes, but we own and play mostly Martin, Guild, Larrivee, Blueridge dreads and c'mon, they all have full-bodied tone, are balanced across all strings, and are not 'boomy' just because they generate some low end.
Not a ' thing of the past'.

davess23

Gold Supporting Member
The dread ain't dead, not by a long shot. Tons of people play them, and most people still think of the D as the typical acoustic guitar. But in my opinion an OM is a more versatile and certainly more comfortable instrument. My OM is basically a 28 spec (custom Santa Cruz German/Braz) and it's capable of more bass and more volume than you might think. Works very well for flat picking, finger style, strumming, or tunings.

That one's quite beautiful, and apparently it sounds as good as it looks. Congratulations.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
That is an ugly guitar and it looks entirely unplayable. I think you should probably sell it for whatever you can get. I'll PM a reasonable offer.

:)

The dread ain't dead, not by a long shot. Tons of people play them, and most people still think of the D as the typical acoustic guitar. But in my opinion an OM is a more versatile and certainly more comfortable instrument. My OM is basically a 28 spec (custom Santa Cruz German/Braz) and it's capable of more bass and more volume than you might think. Works very well for flat picking, finger style, strumming, or tunings.

That one's quite beautiful, and apparently it sounds as good as it looks. Congratulations.
Yeah, I still see plenty of dreads and I still play them. I just think they are less the "default" than they were 15 or 20 years ago.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for all the kind comments. It’s a great guitar in all ways. Really been a fun few weeks, playing it and showing it off.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Nice one. I have an OM-28V that is freakishly good. When Martin gets it right it is a beautiful thing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom