Holy Smokes! Look what my wife got me for my birthday!!

vbf

Gold Supporting Member
Oh my gosh, I can't believe my wife got this guitar for me for my birthday!!! I took a picture of the serial number and hopefully one of you goldtop experts can tell me something about it. I'm still in shock!! The kicker is that I traded for a 60's Tribute goldtop Lester yesterday (pictured below) not knowing that I'd be getting this beauty today!!!! It's raining goldtops!!

Here's my birthday gift:

Here's the two goldies together:

pgurlea

Shallow Supporting Member
I can tell you its a beautiful guitar:p. Great birthday present. Happy Brithday and enjoy.
Paul

Sean French

The one your wife got is a 2004 Historic Custom Shop 1956(R6).
Killer guitars and Gibson' top of the line LP's.

Andy J.

Awesome!!! The guitar's seems to be a 1956 reissue from '04, but I'm sure you knew that. The serial could be from 1994 as well, but the guitar seems so clean and from what I can see, the fret markers have sharp corners, not rounded like they would on a '94. Tell your wife she has admirers around the globe, all the way up in northern Europe! :aok

RJLII

Fellow R6 owner here. NICE guitar! The tribute Goldtop isn't even close, Keep the R6 and use the tribute for trade bait on something else.

vbf

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, guys, the wife is loving all your posts about how awesome she is. :aok And I appreciate the info on the guitar...it plays like a dream!!!! I still can't believe it.

adkteleman

Congrats! It seems our wives are kindred souls! Mine does things like that for me too! You have one beautiful guitar my friend! Happy Birthday and remember to play a really nice ballad for your wife!

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
Great guitar, great wife and great birthday. I'm a bit jealous of all three.

And... Your photo shows exactly why I could not do the goldtop version of the tribute... Went with black instead. Holding out for a real goldtop.

Trending Topics