• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Home recording - post your workplace?

lowyaw

Post yours and flood me with ideas,
or better, help me design mine.

I just moved into a new house, so I have a separate room for toys, a pretty comfy chair, and that's about it LOL So, now i want to build, for starters, some kind of a desk that will hold a laptop i use for recording, a couple of monitors, very, very few pieces of outboard gear - like an external sound card and a preamp - plus a bit of storage space, etc.

Let's see what you've got :love:

Toogy

This is my setup, it was an unfinished room in my basement, just threw down some carpet and stapled some moving blankets to the wall! lol It's ugly but I sort of like it!

Selsaral

These are some older pictures but it's the same space. No serious isolation but it's very comfortable and pleasant and it's pretty much all 1-track at a time recording. Tho my acoustic band jams here a lot.

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
I share "studio" space with my 2.5 y/o son, so things tend to get a bit messy. Here's a close up of the workstation itself, and a panorama of the full basement. Is it an ideal setup? Probably not. Do I get things done down here? Yes, I do.

Desk:

Panorama:

Digitalman

Not much to it.

A desk, really.

- MacBook Pro
- GarageBand
- Apogee Duet 2
- M-Audio Oxygen 25
- M-Audio BX5s
- AKG K 141s
- Rode NT1A
- Shure SM57
- Sennheiser e609
- Sennheiser e835
- Alesis Qudraverb

And

- 08 Am Std Tele
- 71 Super Reverb

This is just a song writing and demo setup. I don't aspire to release an album from the house.

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
These pics are from last year and a few amps and guitars have come and gone but not too much else has changed.

imaxeman69

These pics are from last year and a few amps and guitars have come and gone but not too much else has changed.

That is pretty sweet, but you really should get your mix position away from the wall a bit, and get your monitors in a better listening position.

Scott Whigham

I couldn't get a decent pic. I should've taken several like some guys did!

It's good to see lots of guys with some hardware too!

garryspicer

I'm running out of room. I seriously need to have a big clean up. What should I get rid off? My 80's synths, drum machine or sequencer? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Totally Bored

It's a little messy cause..... I use it a lot :dude

The other side of that wall
( sloppy cell pic sorry )

Sometimes it's all about the bar

And the Marshall fridge

And stepping outside behind the garage to do bad things. :dude
( Sorry, no pic of that )

Last edited:

knuckle

Here's my jam space. The pyramid foam doesn't do much. The moving blankets helped immensely though.

First things first 220V 16000 BTU

Trending Topics

Top Bottom