Home recording - post your workplace?

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Bump back up to the top.

TrippWorkstation_zps72038af2.jpg

The main interface is a 5+ year old Line6 UX8 that just works. DAW is Reaper. Speakers are Rockit 5s. Over to the right is an Eleven Rack and GT-100. My bass gear is out of the picture to the left and consists of a Sansamp rack and another Eleven Rack. Cheap but works for me and the budget I worked with. Up front are my Yammys. I have SM-57 and SM-58 mics and this is an area I'd like to focus on when the budget allows. The Mac mini to the right is my workstation and is due for a memory (4->8G) and disk drive upgrade (500G-1T). Kinda freaked about cracking that box open and mirroring the disk so the upgrade parts are gathering dust.

neoprimitive

seeing all these nice workspaces in this thread makes me envious and reminds me that I have no workspace. all of my music gear lives in the bedroom closet and must be pulled out and setup whenever I want to play guitar or do anything with it. we live in a tiny condo and there is nowhere for me to have a workspace, our place is now filled up with baby gear. someday I will have a place to have all of it setup and be able to walk in and just be able to play, record, fiddle.. some of you guys have some really nice setups..

ewheel

Under construction:
file-23.jpg

It looks great.

I'm in the midst of finishing the drywall for mine and it's about to drive me f**k**g nuts trying to get it right! :jo

frdagaa

Silver Supporting Member
Yowza. Seems like some independently wealthy folks on here ... which is all good. :drool for just about all of them.

Surprised at the relative dearth of acoustic treatment, though.

JParry335

It's a little messy cause..... I use it a lot :dude

b99814e7a85a04335bd683d49b42adc9_zps90efac51.jpg

The other side of that wall
( sloppy cell pic sorry )

26CA8200-16E2-4549-ACCD-58AC2AAE1612-1758-0000020B52D45705.jpg

Sometimes it's all about the bar

E6510C16-EA9C-4054-9FE1-A8935653FCF8-1758-0000020A6D50E70D.jpg

And the Marshall fridge

99d4bf36-1c6e-44bb-abcd-51549f793d6a_zpsce6aebcd.jpg

And stepping outside behind the garage to do bad things. :dude
( Sorry, no pic of that )

This is what I'm talking about!
Real life, get it done AND have fun doing it!
I dig the bar and yes, am impressed by the Marshall fridge.
I want one but just can't pull the trigger at that price.
Bitchin' that you did tho!:beer

Cgkindler

Everything about that is killer man - I'd have some serious fun there!! (a not TOO many years ago joined you in "looking at the back of the garage's paint..."

Excellent array of guitars to choose from as well!

Crowder

Dang Twangler
IMG_20150218_142818_594

So taking and posting these pictures inspired me to straighten up and declutter my area dramatically. The timing couldn't have been better. I was sitting at my desk last night, and my preschooler came down complaining that "mommy made (him) take some medicine and it was really really gross." I pulled him up onto my lap to hold him and the projectile vomiting started almost immediately.

I was really glad my desk was cleaned off! :D

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom