• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

(homemade Only) Pedalboard Pics

blackjaw

dude
Silver Supporting Member
Some scrap wood, green+blue+white paint=seafoam, and about two hours of time made this home brew pedal board...trying to thin down my pedals so a smaller board helps. Roughly 12"x14"...weighed about 1.2 lbs

Beakertwang

Not so much homemade, as home repurposed. But I did get all my supplies (Garage shelf and zip ties) at Lowes.

pennylink

Some scrap wood, green+blue+white paint=seafoam, and about two hours of time made this home brew pedal board...trying to thin down my pedals so a smaller board helps. Roughly 12"x14"...weighed about 1.2 lbs

That's such a California colour :) Well done!

MoPho

Pho Shizzle
Silver Supporting Member
I use an 8 dollar composte kitchen cutting board (black) from target. Some Velcro, a couple of rubber feet, and your done.
@smolder
I've been thinking about how to move forward with a new board...whether to buy or build. Definitely going to pass on using a Pedaltrain for a flat board. The board will be 22x12 or maybe 25/26 x 12 in case I decide to add a verb pedal. I've been thinking about using 1/2" thick poly cutting board material like this http://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/1-2-thick-black-cutting-board/ cut to size over laminated plywood. Any pros/cons you might have found using a cutting board?

jordane93

Mine doesn't look at good as some in this thread but here's mine. I'll most likely buy a VL PP Mondo and just consolidate my 3 power supplies to make it a little neater.

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
@smolder
I've been thinking about how to move forward with a new board...whether to buy or build. Definitely going to pass on using a Pedaltrain for a flat board. The board will be 22x12 or maybe 25/26 x 12 in case I decide to add a verb pedal. I've been thinking about using 1/2" thick poly cutting board material like this http://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/1-2-thick-black-cutting-board/ cut to size over laminated plywood. Any pros/cons you might have found using a cutting board?
The only reason I moved away from using the cutting boards was as mine got bigger,I wanted to used a dedicated power supply vs the one spot, and they were set up for mounting below do it would not take up top space on the board.

Rosk8r

I wanted a small board to jam when I don't feel the need to pull out the whole PT-2, had some spare wood and leftover tolex from a different project. Going to put some rubber feet on it, and probably corner covers since I kind of messed up the corners. Pretty satisfied for a first attempt, though. The pedal on the left is a re-housed DD-5.

Nota

Cross posted from another thread. Glad to keep this going.

Briefcase was $25 locally. Jacks, LEDs, velcro material from pedalboardshop.com. I'm not much of a handyman so it took me like three days to finish. The adapter is for the Ethos Amp - it's a 30W amp right on the board.

This goes into my ~10lb (loaded) 1x12 cab.

qwerty

I wanted a small board to jam when I don't feel the need to pull out the whole PT-2, had some spare wood and leftover tolex from a different project. Going to put some rubber feet on it, and probably corner covers since I kind of messed up the corners. Pretty satisfied for a first attempt, though. The pedal on the left is a re-housed DD-5.
Hey Rosk8r, that's an interesting looking rehousing of a DD-5! Care to share some details? There's too many controls and switches to work out! :)

Rosk8r

Hey Rosk8r, that's an interesting looking rehousing of a DD-5! Care to share some details? There's too many controls and switches to work out! :)
Yeah, it looks like there is more going on than there really is :) The bottom right switch is a built-in tap tempo, bottom left is on/off for the DD-5. The big knob is the feedback knob, for easy adjustments on the fly, and the top 3 silver knobs are the level, delay time, and mode knobs. The third footswitch in conjunction with the black knob and 2nd LED is a one-knob fuzz circuit (a la Fuzzbud Creepy Fingers). The pedal was rehoused and modded by TGP member zzzzzzz. Originally, the third footswitch was wired up to be a remote control for another pedal (hence the extra input/send/return jacks on the top), but since I had no use for that functionality, I sent it back and had him add the fuzz. I believe the toggle switch by the feedback knob has something to do with the ground, but I really don't know for sure and I can't hear any difference when I switch it.

qwerty

Yeah, it looks like there is more going on than there really is :) The bottom right switch is a built-in tap tempo, bottom left is on/off for the DD-5. The big knob is the feedback knob, for easy adjustments on the fly, and the top 3 silver knobs are the level, delay time, and mode knobs. The third footswitch in conjunction with the black knob and 2nd LED is a one-knob fuzz circuit (a la Fuzzbud Creepy Fingers). The pedal was rehoused and modded by TGP member zzzzzzz. Originally, the third footswitch was wired up to be a remote control for another pedal (hence the extra input/send/return jacks on the top), but since I had no use for that functionality, I sent it back and had him add the fuzz. I believe the toggle switch by the feedback knob has something to do with the ground, but I really don't know for sure and I can't hear any difference when I switch it.
Thank you, that was doing my head in! :) Interesting idea, a delay and a fuzz in the same box, not my thing but it sure looks interesting! :) And the tap tempo idea is great, enjoy!

Trending Topics