1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Honey Bee-this wait is killin' me!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Garygtr, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I ordered a Honey Bee back in late January. My band was taking a bit of a hiatus from gigging while we worked on mixing our CD, our next gig on the books was March 8th (today). I was told 2-3 weeks on the order, so I figured even if it was a little longer I'd have it for the gig no prob. Well, the gig is tonight and still no Bee :(
    Now, understand I am not complaining or worried-I know BJ is very backed up and the Honey Bee is hot right now to say the least. So I totally understand the delay. But the wait is killin' me.

Of course, I'm hoping that by posting this the forces of the universe will align and the Honey Bee will be waiting for me when I get home today. :eek:

2. Phil M

Phil M Member

It's fun to be excited about a pedal. I know I love getting those little boxes in the mail.

But don't make excuses because it's a hot item right now. If you were told 2-3 weeks, you should had it 2-3 weeks ago. Or were you given an explicit emergency reason why you don't have it?

3. Craise

Craise Member

I think I read that there was a problem with switches and he was waiting for new ones. Hang in there! It will be worth the wait.

4. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

So, what's the story about this "Honey Bee?" I've heard a lot of buzz about it (sorry for the pun), but I'm having a hard time finding information about it.

Thanks,

Doc :)

5. Craise

Craise Member

doc, You might want to do a search here at the GP and also the fourms over at www.musictoyz.com. It's a dynamic low gain pedal that was based on a low wattage supro amp. So you get that cranked champ amp type of sound.
    and here's donner's BJF site...
    http://www.tonesafari.com/bjferef/index.html
    Hope this helped :)

6. MrSage

MrSage Member

So where are people ordering them from? I know ToneFactor carried them, but they're out of stock...I can't exactly place an order.

Is there a waitlist somewhere? I e-mailed Bjorn and he told me to place an order somewhere, as the next batch should have enough supply to more than meet demand...

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

The waiting in the hardest part.;)

But seriously, I'm always waiting for something and it's haaaaaaaard.

8. Craise

Craise Member

9. MrSage

MrSage Member

:AOK

10. Garygtr

Did you mean "haaaahhhhd"? You talk funny. ;)

11. Python

Python Member

I agree completely. Contact Dean, he will take care of you. He's awesome to deal with.

Jim

12. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

yup, waiting is no fun ~ but its the only way at the moment......

also theres a bit of a pipeline too - BJ makes them in Sweden, then they go to his distributor Custom-Sounds Harri in Finland who distributes them to the dealers Deano/Toyz/Tonefactor who then mail them to buyers....

most of the dealers are out of stock at the moment, but BJs been bustin his backside and theres a few waves of stock comin - most of which is spoken for .... patience is a virtue:AOK

and the backorder thing just started in the last couple months so the dealer you ordered from may have been telling t he truth as before it was just a 2-3 week pipeline to get them........ now theres a waiting line and Im in it too :YinYang

13. thebot

thebot Member

I got mine this week, it's so worth the wait, hang in there!

14. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Here's a big thread with some pretty detailed analysis about The Bee.
    As you'll read I sure love mine-that and my TIM work together so well that I don't think I need my King of Tone or my RC Booster and I'm not even sure I'll need the Klon I have coming!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=125462&highlight=Honey+Bee+impressions

15. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

16. Garygtr

:(

Still no Bee....it'll be 8 weeks on Tuesday. Anyone who ordered in late January receive theirs yet?

17. playon

playon Supporting Member

I got mine earlier this week, but it had been back-ordered since December! :mad: It seems like they are getting caught up now, so hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I did...

18. musictoyz.com

musictoyz.com Member

We got 12 in today that where pre-sold...still have people waiting ...

BJF just exploded lately...which is nice ...He is such a great guy....

Like I said in the other thread...we need to clone him !

19. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Guess I should have got in the BJF.thing a lot earlier. I'll never get a HB with these wait times! My nerves can't take waiting! ; )