• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hook or Loop?

nor

Is there any sort of consensus regarding velcro application? Which do you use for the pedalboard side?

yorick

I put "hook" on the board and loop on the pedals--otherwise my pedals get stuck to my carpet when I'm changing them out :)

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Hook doesn't really stick to my carpet. I use the loop side on the board because the hooks tend to attract hair and anything else that will stick to it.

VCuomo

I believe that most vendors (SKB, for example) use loop on the pedalboard and give you a strip of the hook side.

Oddos

Hooks on board. No dust problem really cause my board isn`t covered. There`s just enough for the pedal.

Also, I think it woorks better for someone like me who sometimes uses the pedals individually.

devbro

Neither. Dump the hook and loop velcro and buy yourself some 3M Duralock. You'll never look back. The stuff is amazing. Think of velcro on steroids.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
loop on the board, cause you can just get a swath of "ozite" which is what they cover p.a. cabinets with and cover you whole board with it. the hook-side velcro sticks to it just fine.

Trending Topics