Horrible experience with AnalogMan. Delay pedal came back worse than when it left

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeAZ, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

is he always like this???

2. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Attack on TGP?
    I've been around here for 14 years, TGPers can get their panties in a bunch when their fav guitar, amp or pedal maker gets called out. This is what exactly happened here - both getting called out and panties in a bunch.

Not a shred of evidence?
    Why should he air it out? Those are private messages and at least he has a decency to keep it private. You wouldn't see Analogman airing the private messages of his customers here as well.

TGP regular who created a burner account?
    If you read the thread, the OP stated - he lost his old TGP password. If he wanted to gain credibility, he would have used his own "older" account. At least all the members pulling rank on him currently won't be able to do such.

Global Pandemic?
    Check the title - delay pedal came back worse than it left. He sent 1 broken pedal and 2 workings ones - all of which Analogman said can be fixed. He ended up with 3 broken ones. THIS is the issue here which the OP is talking about not the delay. Since when is global pandemic is an excuse for a shoddy repair job that leave a customer's pedal unusable? Even more so, an established company should be held to higher standards.

Demeans us?
    It's called check and balance..... on a pedal maker. At no time did he attack any of us. He came here exasperated looking for some answers and get Analogman's attention to fix the issue since whoever handled this didn't do it well. I am pretty sure Analogman will make it right. I for one am thankful for threads such as these - keeps manufacturers on their toes.

BTW, you (or anyone else) don't need to own a person's pedal to be a fanboy. Not saying you are.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  3. CRWolf

CRWolf Silver Supporting Member

I'm a regular follower and casual participant in the Strictly Fuzz thread. It's probably the most positive-minded and accepting thread/group of people on here. I specifically remember your entrance over there. Words matter. That instance and this thread here are great examples that there are both good and poor ways to disagree.

I was disappointed with the way some folks reacted to the OP. However, I've also been really impressed by the maturity of a few members that strongly disagreed with the nature of the post, but figured it out in a respectful manner. Bravo. Cheers. Gold stars.

To the OP, hope this gets resolved satisfactorily. I need to send my DMM to someone for service. As mentioned, Howard Davis hasn't been taking repairs for a while. I'd be pretty shook if it came back messed up.

4. scook

scook Supporting Member

I, for one, really appreciate hearing this. I literally have an analogman pedal sitting on the desk in front of me that, as of a couple hours ago, I was planning to send in to get repaired. Now I know to wait until things settle down, at least. So thanks, OP, for sharing your experience. It is helpful for some of us.

5. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Probably the best explanation in the thread. Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Vhailor, jdel77 and Lution like this.
  6. grizz

grizz Member

If a person like me with no experience with AM were to jump in and defend him. would it reduce the wait time for a KOT?

7. FbIsNotE

FbIsNotE Member

WHAT in the actual **** is happening in here???????

SteveO, Lt Dak, Hofnarr and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hawkmoon269

Hawkmoon269 Supporting Member

Is that what you call this?

Flatscan likes this.
  9. longgonedaddy

longgonedaddy Supporting Member

not me, noob :p:p:p

ShredSquatch likes this.
  10. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

I'm not suhr now but I think I need to change my strategy, I just don't know what it is. :wave

~ss

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. scook

scook Supporting Member

OP, did you use a polarity inverter on the fuzz face power supply?

SpaceandFuzz and fitzo like this.
  12. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Bah, just work on some tactics. Long term thinking is a losing proposition.

13. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the tip. I usually fill up the room with hot air so I'm confused about the sucking air part.
    Will be looking forward to next week, hopefully this all gets resolved and everyone is happy again.

~ss

14. Simon

Simon Supporting Member

Yes approximately 11-18 minutes per Brown Nosing is the national average.

TheoFender and Gilky like this.
  15. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Yes. There's a few reasons for not airing private messages publicly.

1. It's forum etiquette - never post private messages. I've had some pretty interesting exchanges with a big TGP darling guitar maker when I publicly called out that they were illegal copies of Fender guitars (with decals no less). He had some choice words for me in private accusing me of trying to bad mouth him and shut down his business. I still did not make those private messages public.

2. Sometimes airing private messages gets the manufacturer off the hook - as it can be considered breach of contract as those are considered confidential only for client-vendor's eyes. It's not uncommon to be in the T&Cs of what industries call Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).

3. Trust & Integrity - no matter how bad things may go, at least there's still this channel of trust that you have a safe space (private messages & emails) that 2 people can still work it out. How can I converse with a person knowing every single thing I say could possibly be aired out in the public. I would rather him talk to my lawyers.

I think the OP is a lot more matured and level headed than who most of you think he is. He's a bit emotional now (who wouldn't be?) but overall he's level headed.

Vhailor, TheoFender, Srdjr and 6 others like this.
  16. crosse79

crosse79 Member

:p:p:p

I had to - cause they pulled rank, but you're off the hook :D

17. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

No, tbh i don't even know what that is. No one at AM mentioned i needed one to make it work. I tried the 9v battery first and then my 9v power supply, and it literally just sounds like a mic'd up chainsaw being ran through a cranked fuzz.

They installed a 9v jack, and mailed it back to me not saying a word. Up until about a week ago, I had no idea if they were even modding my pedals or just sending all three of them back unmodded. If there was some kind of special 9v power supply I needed to use with this, I would've appreciated a heads up from one of them.

18. VintagePlayerStrat

VintagePlayerStrat Supporting Member

I suppose we'll find out, but ya, sounds like a possibility.

fitzo likes this.
  19. longgonedaddy

longgonedaddy Supporting Member

I don’t even think I posted in this thread until I quoted you. :beer

20. scook

scook Supporting Member

You might have fried it. Pretty sure all germanium fuzz faces need to have opposite polarity of normal guitar pedals.

patient81 and General_Specific like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.