Horrible experience with AnalogMan. Delay pedal came back worse than when it left

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeAZ, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Yes I know - cheers.

2. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Yes. Re reading my original post, I can tell, thats me in frustration mode after feeling like my kindness and patience had been trampled all over repeatedly. People get upset, it happens. And in my case, it's justified.

Vhailor likes this.
  3. The-Kid

The-Kid CIOKS dealer and seller Vendor

I've used GE FUZZ faces units with 9 volt plugs. They dont require anything else my other 9 volt pedals require.

Maybe @MikeAZ can you post a pic of the pedals here and see what we are looking at.

Again, sucks man and well maybe someone here may help if we saw some gut pics, there may be something off. Grounding, loose solder, etc

Could be anything

4. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

They are positive ground transistors but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to use a center positive cable.

Sunfaces use PNP germanium transistors but use standard center negative plugs.

I’m not sure how they wire old fuzz faces with a 9v jack but it could very well need a center positive plug and that got lost/forgotten in communication.

Edit: The Analogman site says they don’t use reverse polarity plugs on any of their pedals.

TheoFender and scook like this.
  5. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

what ‘case’? He is not trying to ‘prove’ anything to anyone.

he shared a negative experience - so what? We as discriminating individuals can make of it what we will, including whether we are individually inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to Analog Mike...or not.

some of these posts are honestly pathetic - as soon as Hogy chimes in with a similar experience all of a sudden people can’t jump on him for the veracity of the experience, instead they have to jump on him for how he is ‘handling’ the experience.

give me a break. We really all have become snowflakes...oh, that’s right, only when it comes to one of our Forum Darlings...otherwise, we all get our pitchforks...

6. scook

scook Supporting Member

Gotcha... I should have said "some" instead of "all"

7. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Thanks but we've moved on everyone is hoping for the best now! Sorry you're late to the party.

~ss

JohnSword and ufguy73 like this.
  8. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Yeah, sure. Why not... I'm getting tired over here but i'll pop em open and upload a couple pics. give me a few.

jdel77 likes this.
  9. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

im always two steps behind, apologies :anon

TheoFender, scook and ShredSquatch like this.
  10. Lt Dak

Lt Dak Supporting Member

Taking OPs experience at face value, I'd be pretty upset by this point. Completely understandable.

I say this as someone who 'worships at the altar of analogman.' I love Mike's stuff and from what I can see, he seems to be a decent human. His reputation and the love he gets are well deserved, IMO.

OP has had an awful experience because mistakes happen. Mike is respected because he has awesome products. Both of these things can simultaneously be true.

I hope it gets worked out and OP gets back to playing his gear.

I completely agree. :aok

11. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

All good my friend, Happy Posting!

~ss

FbIsNotE and ufguy73 like this.
  12. Trashbag_Travis

Trashbag_Travis Member

totally legit.

YES. Dude, take a picture, outside, inside, play that crazy sound that fuzz face is doing. People on here neeD PROOF, especially with your claims. Until then, you’re basically just a troll.

Great points.

This quote tastes like a troll.

Bill Lumberg and josephpnorman like this.
  13. guitarbilly74

guitarbilly74 Supporting Member

Call out threads should be for dishonest businesses ripping people off, not for every time someone has a customer service issue.

A lot of damage can be done to a small business with this type of thing, you could've at least waited past the holiday to give them a chance to reply.

Analogman is a stellar company and while it sounds they made mistakes in your case, I'm sure they will fix it and I am even more sure they're not trying to rip you off.

sa1126, therhodeo, zestystrat and 4 others like this.
  14. The-Kid

The-Kid CIOKS dealer and seller Vendor

yeah man despite whatever it may seem I hope you can be assured this was a horrible mistake due to a mix of things but undoubtedly the Covid thing has put a tremendous stress on many businesses.

I know it sucks and if it happened to me I'd be upset to.

But understand that they are small, allot of other music industry manufacturers aren't or didn't keep working under Covid as is.

I can understand as I sent my pedal to Dunlop MXR for repair and usually as I've had pedals repaired before it takes 2 weeks or less.......I called after a month pretty mad.....but they told me they were literally closed until last week it took me like 2 months and half to get it back. Crazy......

and while I'm not Analogmans biggest fan and many here will testify as much.....And I know it sucks man trust me. I love my Fuzz Face so I understand. I've had it for 10 years almost as. Since I bought it new and it's like irreplaceable....so I understand the pain man even though it's not vintage I feel the love and how much that would suck if something happened to it.

In any event many people here got your back and understand where your coming from but on another side and not to defend or to attack Analogman or deflate your grievances but let's be fair here and understand while this is not something normal or acceptable , we are not living in nor are these acceptable times by many accounts.......

saying that I do believe you will be made whole and have faith in that people are good and kind in general and just have faith in that it will be turn out good for you in the end. Hold out man and be strong and again do believe you will be made whole no doubt but just be a little more patient as hard as it has been and will be. I do believe and trust you will be made whole

15. tktk

tktk Member

This thread started as :confused::confused::confused: then :eek::eek::eek: now :oops::oops::oops:.

16. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Thanks brother

The-Kid likes this.
  17. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

From what I can tell you were rightly upset about a bad dealing ... you just happened to have that dealing with a TGP sacred cow.

Good advice came early in the thread in this: now that you've stated your case, have a chill holiday weekend and see where it goes ... and I have to admit that you've been extremely chill beyond the first posting and I'm sure not at all what people were original expecting.. Now that I'm at page 13, I would say others should have taken that route too.

The thread should have been more of an example where AnalogMike responds and show us all (once again) what he is made of and what made him both a great contributor and pedal builder. I can only imagine that, if the situation is exactly as you describe, Mike will feel terrible that he and his company let you down and will act in the most appropriate manner. Everyone has a little bit of dirty laundry aired once in a while, and if for some reason that offended a lot of people, they can take comfort in knowing they are going to get to see their hero in action. LOL. Good Luck. I hope, if only for the sake of preserving your account, the situation is exactly as you describe.

18. zwiefldraader

zwiefldraader Member

Positive / Negative ground issue?

19. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

At this point all we can do is wait for Mike to respond, either here to the OP directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.