Horrible experience with AnalogMan. Delay pedal came back worse than when it left

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeAZ, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Never said it was up to me or any other poster and what you think of me is also of little consequence. It's a discussion we're trying to have. We're just trying to tell you to chill and Mike will work things out, I'm not sure why you're getting so upset about that.
    Also I give you bonus points for using with all due respect, I laughed out loud.

~ss

jbcohen92, FbIsNotE and therhodeo like this.
  2. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Thank you but I am not stepping away from anything nor do I need to. This thread wouldn't have gotten this ugly if it werent for a bunch of zealots charging in, triggered because I dared speak up about a bad experience with someone they worship.

I really don't know what to tell you guys. You can let the man respond for himself. I'm sure he will understand why a musicians personal investment is important to them.

3. truckin

truckin Supporting Member

Perhaps we should look to South Park to seek a resolution here

4. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Man i'm sitting here with my dog

I have popcorn too. And i've been a forum crawling junkie for probably 20 years. I thrive in this kind of environment. IF anything this is cathartic at this point. I've got a box of broken pedals and a bunch of people telling me to be quiet about it. If you guys wanna keep dancing then by all means

Vhailor, Caribou, Jabberwocky and 2 others like this.
  5. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Look man let's start over... aside from this craziness you seem like a nice guy. I'm sorry if I upset you. I should've realized you were upset over this and may not take what was said very well. I really feel for you and would hate to be in this position. I still think Mike is a great guy and will work this out with you so just relax have fun with your dog and enjoy the popcorn.

~ss

6. MikeAZ

MikeAZ Member

Thanks brother. I'm a joker at heart and i just want my pedals back working so i can shred and noodle with my stupid delay pedal. It's really important to me. I've nothing personal with any of you or AnalogMike. I'm willing to make amends.

7. MichiganEsquire

MichiganEsquire Supporting Member

OP - I'm sorry about the issues you faced, but engaging with a bunch of sycophants might not be the most productive thing to do. You raised your issue and it's there for posterity, so service done.

jthomps123 and roswell like this.
  8. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

(Still stands)

9. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

This makes an awful lot of sense. And if - as I assume is the case - one of OP's goals was to get Mike to address his issue here, in a public forum, then either he doesn't intend to respond, or he's planning his response, or he's doing something else and hasn't seen this thread yet.

10. ShredSquatch

You're welcome and I have no doubts you will be happy... if for some weird reason it doesn't then I'll be the first to eat some crow!
    I love delay too, the memory man is my favorite pedal. What were you having done?

~ss

11. Jim Marciano

Jim Marciano Supporting Member

That's a dirty lie!

chumbucket likes this.
  12. Fr3shMak3r

Fr3shMak3r Whatever Gold Supporting Member

It’s true! I think the person probably got fired over it though.

13. m@2

m@2 Member

This thread inspired me to bust my DMM back out of its box. Man, these are the greatest pedals! Instant amazing shoegazegoodness!!!

ps hope this all works out, I had ok experiences with analogman fwiw

14. GibsonGeek

GibsonGeek Supporting Member

Yikes. Why why why send in an original Arbiter FF for a mod?

Btw, sorry to hear of your bad experience. I would feel equally enraged. Sometimes sending 50 emails doesn’t help matters. Sometimes I guess it might.

Edit. It sounds like you have perhaps used the wrong power supply with your FF. I’m just learning about old fuzz pedals. There is PNP and NPN. Which is yours and what power supply are you using? In addition, if you discover this to be the cause, are you willing to admit it or would you simply/quietly kick that power supply under the bed to save face? Sadly, some folks would choose the latter.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. J-Flanders

J-Flanders Member

Can you post a gut shot of the DMM and the Fuzz Face?
    Maybe the person that did the mods on Mike's behalf forgot to do the 'increase delay time mod'. The mod is so simple you can almost not mess it up.
    It's the orange ceramic capacitor in the picture below. If one of the leads is too long and it gets pressed/bended down it may be shorting something else. Slide a piece of paper under it and test.
    [​IMG]

As for the Fuzz Face, it may be that it was accidentally wired for negative ground (instead of the original positive ground) when adding the 9V adapter socket. A picture of the battery snap leads will tell.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    beanbass, friend33, Wolfboy1 and 30 others like this.
  16. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

Ok, good luck.

TD_Madden, FbIsNotE and LikeAMotherF like this.
  17. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Nobody came charging in and nobody has really even defended the issue. They simply attempted to offer some peace of mind. You were the first person to mention lying. You’re calling people shills for simply stating his track record.

FbIsNotE, Hbom and therhodeo like this.
  18. fenderjapan

fenderjapan World Heavyweight Champion Silver Supporting Member

I hope @analogmike weighs in here. Tons (maybe hundreds?) of good transactions with him. Let me make it clear, I am not calling OP a liar, I just want to hear this dispute get resolved.

19. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Silver Supporting Member

Actually, that's not the case. He's had several members beat him up over his new membership and audacity of being unhappy with months of poor communication and now a set of non-working pedals. I understand, especially when someone is frustrated, when they defend themselves getting the third degree on an internet forum. Many here have been cool...some have not. And, some have some shared experiences.

I would like to think at the end of the day that Analogman will get the message here and clear up this problem. If there is a different perspective I'm sure we'll hear it. If not then I'm sure he will do the right thing, as he does have an excellent reputation. I think it would be worthwhile for everyone to step back...catch their breath and let the situation resolve itself.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Vhailor, RMosack, soulman969 and 15 others like this.
  20. Sean Mac

Sean Mac Supporting Member

Rule 6 applies...

"If you feel the need to mention a bad business deal you’ve had with a company or individual, keep it professional. Do not get personal and don’t attack the people involved, describe the situation factually. Personal attacks and insults can draw infractions, even if you’re right. We cannot verify claims of a bad business deal and such posts are the sole responsibility of the author."

Getting thick with other posters is not cool. Like it or not.

You are not exempt....

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.