• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hot Rod Deluxe rattle noise?

GloryJones

playin through a hot rod deluxe..just retubed. sounds good except there's a jingling/rattling sound when i play bassy notes. it sounds like something rattling around in the tubes but i checked them and they're all fine (nothing loose in them). i bought new tubes for the whole thing. i'm not sure if the sound was there before i retubed. if it were a tube issue, i believe something would sound off with my tone. i'm having no such issues though, just the rattling. thoughts?

DavidH

Tubes just rattle, healthy ones too, some more than others. I've never had a combo amp with zero tube rattles. It's nothing to worry about unless it's particularly bothersome.

I had the same thing put a piece of foam weatherstrip between the chassis and the top of the cab youll see thats the rattle!

Eric Dahlberg

Do you have the foam jacket for the first two preamp tubes? At least part of its purpose is to solve this exact problem.

Jack DeVille

check the tube sockets. i've seen the plastic loosen up from the metal terminals and make EXACTLY the rattle you are describing.

pull out each tube and use your fingers to see if the plastic wiggles around. they should be tight in their place. if you get ANY movement from them, consider replacing the sockets.

B_of_H

mine just started making a high pitched rattle sound. I checked tubes and played it through an extension cab...same thing.

Trending Topics