Hot Telecaster Bridge Pickup - Advice Needed

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
Looking for something with a little more power; nothing super hot. Just looking for a good twangy pickup that is somewhere around 8-9k or so. I mainly play modern country sprinkled with some low-medium gain rock.

DrBob

I've got a BKP Boss in the bridge position of my Esquire Partscaster.

It's amazing,maybe a little hot at 10k but If you can audition one I'd seriously suggest you do.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
The Don Mare 0038 Broadcaster style pickup wound to around 10K ohms is really perfect.
I agree. Another excellent pickup from Don. My other favorite in this category is Tom Short's vintage country coil single. The one I have is slightly overwound to match a minihumbucker tele neck p/u. Even so, it's not all that hot. Sounds excellent, especially with that neck p/u.

MD

gmann

www.rumpelstiltskinpickups.com. I've had 2 of Aarons Blackrope Tele bridge pups. Still have one, the other is in the guitar I sold my buddy. The one I still have reads 10.6K, an amazing sounding pup. Sounds very Tele like and when you bear down on it it will get rude. Still retains the Tele twang when played w/o overdrive. Many different tones here depending on height adjustment. Aaron uses correct wire awg. and magnets. Comes aged or not. Flat or staggered. Prices are very reasonable and the turnaround time is fast. He makes a couple of different varieties of this pup. Check it out.

Trending Topics