Hotcake Bluesberry

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BNB, Jan 17, 2006.

1. BNB

BNB Silver Supporting Member

Silly question. I just purchased one of these pedals. How do you know whether it's the regular Hotcake compared to the Hotcake Bluesberry? They both look identical. Only the box that it came in says Bluesberry. Is that the only way of telling?

2. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Mine has a bluesberry sticker on the pedal too. FWIW, this pedal has a bit more headroom, less gain and compression, and is sort of the kinder/gentler hotcake pedal.:)

3. e-flat

e-flat Member

I believe that the Bluesberries which are "production" models (in other words, the ones that leave Paul's shop as BBs) have stickers. I'm only saying this because most places online that sell them mention that this is the only aesthetic difference.
    Mine, which was a regular Hotcake I sent to Paul to have modded, has NO markings at all to indicate that it has been changed. I'll look inside again tonight, but I'm 99.9% sure he didn't do anything except swap boards.
    How do you like it?

4. BNB

I just purchased one from a fellow gearpager and mine has no sticker on it. It looks like the regular Hotcake, which concerns me since I thght the pedal came with some marking to indicate that it's a bluesberry version.

BTW, Mark, I am still enjoying the Timbuckers I purchased from you. Thx.

5. BNB

e-flat, I am about to give the pedal a test run. I'm sure I will love it, but just concerned that it's not the bluesberry.

I did notice there is a some kind of serial number that's marked in blue ink on the back of the pedal. I am wondering whether Paul cld tell me, based on that number, whether it's a bluesberry. Just a thght.

6. Rollo Timbre

Rollo Timbre Member

Mine has the sticker too. Great pedal--I'm lovin' it.

7. BNB

where was the sticker located?

8. asdf

asdf Member

So for leads the original would probably still be better right?

9. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Not neccessarily, just depends on your preferences. Both are pretty darn cool.