HotCake - How do I tell which version?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Bought a used Hotcake and all I have is the serial number. Previous owner knows nothing of the two versions....anyway to tell if it's a standard HC or the Bluesberry?

2. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Hey whats up Jamison,, ive got one coming in a few days or so. I have not owned one previously but from what ive read about them, the Bluesberry, latest version supposedly has an internal switch of some sort which allows you to switch between Bluesberry settings and normal settings. Just look for some sort of switch internally.

3. jamison162

Thanks man, but this is an older pedal so it could be either version. Also, there's no switch which I pretty much figured.

4. jamison162

5. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

I think the older ones, pre-internal switch, actually had "Bluesberry" written on it. I could be mistaken about this...but I think I remember seeing a demo video on youtube someone did between the regular Hotcake, Bluesberry Hotcake, and a Tubescreamer. I remember him pointing out that the Bluesberry said "Bluesberry" on it.

Yep, here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgEAfLjhOHY

6. jamison162