Hotone Ampero

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jimmyno, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

2. fallon

fallon Member

Thanks Madala, with guitar input set to 0 the sound is a little better, still not great, AMP models sounds fantastic, distortion effects not so much (i tried to put ampero in front, sound si horrible). but with headphones with CAB sims on it's even better. Thanks again.

3. Madala

Madala Member

If you build a scratch patch and first turn ALL effects off, then add an amp and cab to suit your taste, and then a drive in front of the amp, do you still have the same issue?

If you are using the editor and can provide some screen shots of your signal chain and settings that would be helpful to troubleshoot as well.

4. fallon

fallon Member

Madala, i'ts not really a "trouble", just curiosity, when i put some clean AMP after pedal (no CAB mode is ON, so I'm not using CAB sims) the sound is little better, but far far far different from lets say some WAMPLER plexi or OCD pedal demos on youtube (yes, i know its an digital simulation of a pedal, yes, but sound is nowhere close to that demos). Thanks, I will upload some screenshots during weekend.

5. Niels Riethorst

Niels Riethorst Member

Hi all!
    Still a bit unclear on how the latest update treats the no-cab option. Basically, what I want is to run XLR with cab sim to FOH, and jack line out to a poweramp and cab (for stage monitoring) without cab simulation.
    Is this possible with the Ampero with the latest update?
    Thanks!!

6. slaggi

slaggi Member

yes, but only with one output (l or r) for each signal path. e.g. left output line to power amp and cab (cabsim off) and right output xlr to foh (cabsim on).

Niels Riethorst likes this.
  7. Niels Riethorst

Niels Riethorst Member

Alright, thanks! :) So, with the Left output always being the one you need to use when going mono, that isn't really an option when having to use the right output for XLR, would that matter mutch?

8. MegaMan9

MegaMan9 Member

Is there any way to audition cabs? It only has 10 user IR slots which makes it pretty impossible to find a 3rd party IR that works well

9. bbgie1223

bbgie1223 Supporting Member

God I wish #%@&ing little chipmunk would shut the hell up!

10. SmartAlex

SmartAlex Supporting Member

Is this still a good unit to buy in August 2019 or are there better items in this price range?

Also, anyone use it with a DSL40CR? Blow your mind or meh?

Thnx!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  11. snowwind

snowwind Member

Of course. Here in Germany it costs still 399€, a good price. But for 499$ in US I would definitely prefer a Headrush Gigboard, if you can spend around 100$ more.

12. Niels Riethorst

Niels Riethorst Member

From all the youtube samples and tests I have heard, I prefer the Amplifire 6 or 13 over the Ampero. Of course that isn’t the best way to judge the real sound for yourself, and that color touch screen certainly looks appealing, but the Amplifire just seems so much easier to make quick eq adjustments to; every venue has different acoustics and it helps to quickly adjust your tone without menu diving.
    I really really wanted to like the Tech21 Flyrigs since friends of mine use those live everywhere and love them, but those all sound ****** (imho) in the samples I’ve heard :/

13. neTp0Bu4

neTp0Bu4 Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Madmax25, crooser and Niels Riethorst like this.
  14. FuzzFacetious

FuzzFacetious Member

Zoomg3------ZoomG5n----boss gt1-------------------------------helix----HeadRush-------boss gt1000-

Using that as a scale for the quality of modelling as a spectrum from left to right, as both is according to my perception, and many people's opinions on here (I appreciate some may think the Helix sounds better than HR or Zoom better than GT1 etc but .. Forget it), where would you put the Ampero on this scale?

15. spiral

spiral Member

The Boss is the best modeller out of that group? That's genuinely news to me.

I've only had the Helix & Ampero but I'd put the Ampero just a few ticks ahead of the Helix for general modelling, but one tick behind for effects quality.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Elantric likes this.
  16. roachone

roachone Member

I have owned all these (have not played the Hotone though) and for me it's much better than any of these. They all have there good and bad points but if the amp sound is important to you then the Boss GT 1000 is absolutely fantastic!

MixMinisterMike likes this.
  17. slaggi

slaggi Member

18. crooser

crooser Member

19. neTp0Bu4

neTp0Bu4 Member

Thanks! Yes, it's a chibson :D
    They are under spoilers